Do you get satisfaction from helping people make their dreams come true? If you do, the Career Services Advisor at The Refrigeration School might be the job for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a caring and engaging personality, a pleasant and steadfast demeanor, and great communication skills. A positive attitude and great work ethic are essential. This position is not for the faint of heart. You will have to work hard and overcome obstacles, but you will truly change people’s lives.
The Career Services Advisor is responsible for preparing students to graduate and enter the workforce. The Career Services Advisor interacts with our students and partners with employers to make each experience at our school amazing.
In the Career Services Advisor role, you will:
- Provide communication to students regarding employment activities and opportunities
- Research opportunities for current students and alumni by accessing local job search web sites, newspapers, state and local employment agencies and other creative means
- Maintain all employment verification records supporting graduate placements
- Participate in public relations forums to promote the reputation and services of the school (i.e. job fairs, open houses, guest speakers, graduate job visits, etc.)
Meet with students one-on-one and in groups in the classroom to provide coaching on employment goals, interview skills, resume writing through activities and lectures
- Prepare students for the realistic working world through proper advisory
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Associates degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of two years Customer Service, Sales, or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including problem-solving and decision-making
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong student focus to inspire, engage, and coach potential students
- Proven self-starter who continually pursues learning opportunities
- Can-do and whatever-it-takes attitude
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work individually and within a group
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Established customer service background
- Previous experience with high call volume
- Goal oriented
- Great attention to detail
- Proven track record of exceeding metrics
- Consistently display the highest level of integrity
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines and work flexible hours.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.
Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)
About StrataTech Education Group:
StrataTech Education Group specializes in the operation of skilled trade schools. Led by industry veterans, we understand the realities of the career school industry. StrataTech Education Group’s first acquisition was Tulsa Welding School (TWS) in 2008. TWS has locations in Tulsa, OK, Jacksonville, FL, and Houston, TX. In November 2009, The Refrigeration School, Inc. (RSI) was acquired and is located in Phoenix, AZ. StrataTech seeks to deliver an excellent return on investment for both our students and our investors.
Why should you apply?
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
Flexible Savings Account
401(k) employer match
Short & Long Term Disability – Company Paid
2 weeks PTO- 1st yr.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Interested? Apply now!See job description