ASSISTED LIVING CNA - $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
The Redwoods Mill Valley, CA
- Posted: February 09, 2021
CNA Assisted Living / On-Call $1,000 sign on bonus!
Why Work Here?
“VOTED BEST IN MARIN SENIOR COMMUNITY 2014 through 2020 Commitment to Excellence – Training and Staff Development”
Join the dedicated team of professionals at The Redwoods, a vibrant non-profit, multi-level retirement facility located in beautiful Mill Valley California. The organization's mission is to provide and maintain a creative, affordable community that promotes good health, well-being and security for a diverse group of elders.
We are offering a $1,000 signing bonus (conditions do apply).
The Residential Living (RLA) Certified Nursing Assistant works at the direction of the Assisted Living Charge Nurse and Nurse Manager according to scheduled duties. Assists in meeting the functional activity of daily living needs and other support services for residents. Provides additional support and participates in activities.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs skills required of a certified nursing assistant related to provision of ADL care. Adapts caregiving to promote individual resident’s independence.
- Approaches all encounters with residents, co-workers, health care professionals and families in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintains standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Maintains good job attendance and punctuality.
- Follows the schedule of duties as well as the individualized service plans for each resident.
- Observes residents for any changes in conditions and immediately reports to the charge nurse.
- Performs the following tasks – checking vital signs, weights, and assisting residents with meals.
- Assists residents and participates with activities such as:
- Maintaining a safe, clean and orderly environment.
- Assisting with linens, bed making and laundry as needed.
- Assisting with menu selections.
- Monitoring residents for problems related to meals and food intake and reporting concerns to the charge nurse.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident care information.
- Works towards maintaining each resident’s self-respect, personal dignity and personal safety.
- Takes advantage of every interaction, including time spent in providing physical assistance, to offer a caring touch, psychological support, emotional warmth and social stimulation.
- Tracks supplies that are needed and communicates to RLA Charge Nurse and/or Director of Clinical Nursing Services.
- Communicates and cooperates with co-workers and residents. Establishes good working relationships with all departments. Practices good teamwork.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or required
- Current, active CNA Certificate or graduation from a CNA Certification program.
- Current First Aid certification.
- Prior skilled nursing experience, minimum of 6 months experience as a CNA.
- Ability to speak English clearly and to write legibly.
- Ability to understand and carry out directions and instructions in written and verbal form.
- Authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship.
- Surveillance and response driven COVID testing.
- Daily duties include lifting, squatting, bending, reaching, prolonged standing, walking
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds
- Ability to stand and/or walk up to 90% of time
- Competitive Pay
- Union position
AddressMill Valley, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at The Redwoods