Quality Engineer/ Manager experienced with Metal Manufacturing Company (Metal Stamping- Punch, CNC, Brake, etc.) needed in Mentor on 1st shift. Hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30am-4pm. Salary will commensurate with experience.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer/ Manager to ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the customer.
The Quality Manager will oversee final product inspection making sure manufactured parts are in compliance and meets customer expectations. They will be also responsible for understanding customer expectations and needs, outlining quality standards and developing/updating quality control processes. Person must be hands-on and analytical in nature. They must fully understand the requirements for the product and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Maintain the company’s quality system documentation. Ensure all documentation remains current and all processes are properly documented.
- Comply with ISO accreditation requirements.
- Oversee inspection of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the company’s products.
- Maintain and develop procedures to be followed in various manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate with operations personnel to ensure that work instructions and procedures are accurate and intuitive in their structure.
- Maintain and analyze records for all quality related metrics, including on-time delivery, customer satisfaction and internal reworks (nonconformity)
- Manage safety and regulatory compliance programs
- Manage the identification, development and implementation of corrective & preventive actions, ensuring that all related activities are timely and relevant.
- Monitor and maintain supply-chain quality & performance related metrics, including approval, audits and corrective actions.
- Prepare first article and PPAP reports.
- Become an expert on the company’s manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Be the primary company contact for customers and regulatory agencies during audits.
- Quality systems including ISO 9001
- Lean Manufacturing
- 5+ years' experience in related or complimentary area
Benefits, Excellent pay, Health, Dental, Vision, Life and a generous paid time off plan.