Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
• Ensure the operational viability of the plant by evaluating and maintaining the proper functioning of all electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
• Participate in design and implement automation engineering projects to meet specific plant needs in a quality, timely and cost-effective manner.
• Provide technical assistance for electricians for the installation of process control equipment and troubleshooting of automation and process control problems.
• Involvement with process instrumentation and automation equipment specifying and selecting control equipment to maximize automation efforts.
• Maintains proper documentation of electrical, instrumentation and automation systems and keep files up-to-date including Process Instrumentation Diagrams, block diagrams, drawings, database management, etc.
• Participate in the design of systems requiring control, instrumentation, PLC 5 software, Control Logic and hardware, Profibus network communications to achieve plant or project goals
• Ensure optimum operation and reliability for electrical power systems and process control systems.
• Assist in the coordination and implementation of process control system upgrades and changes to maximize plant efficiency
• Draft process control system design packages to support plant and project objectives.
• Support and consult plant management in the field of automation engineering for optimization of a plant operation, responsibility for keeping records, updated technical documentation and drawings created by CAD systems
• Troubleshooting and diagnosis of plant system problems to minimize disruptions to plant operations
• Provide ongoing automation support to the plant for all shifts by participating in the plants on-call program. This includes evaluating and determining the course of action for automation incidents after hours and on weekends while on call and may require on-site supervision of the resolution to maintain operational efficiency.
• Support the implementation of HTC Electrical, Instrumentation and Process Control Concepts for all plant projects
• Knowledge of Allan Bradley PLCs and Honeywell/Rockwell
• Support for all plant IT and liaise with the Corporate IT Department.
This position will be based in Speed, IN.
Here’s What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or applicable experience is required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in other industries, mastered skilled set in programming, instrumentation, power systems and troubleshooting control is preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word, Access, and Project
• Fluent with NEC, NFPA, ISA, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in the following: Gas Analyzers, Temperature/Pressure/Vibration/Level/Weighing scales and instruments, Transmitters, Variable Frequency Drives, Dosing Systems, Control Loops.
• Demonstrated experience in leadership and project management, problem solving and creativity, strategic thinking, and decision making
• Good knowledge of CAD software (design of system installations)
• Good knowledge of database management for large control systems, communication networking systems, control software programming, alarm system management and graphics development
• Familiar with PLC/DCS and HMI architecture, in particular, PLC 5 software and hardware, including Control Logic, RSView control
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!