Facilities & Safety Specialist
- Expired: August 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Facilities & Safety Specialist supports the Facilities and Safety teams to help ensure a safe environment for all employees. You have a passion to keep people safe and know how to influence the behavior of others. You know that how you provide feedback is just as important as the feedback itself. You are self-motivated, able to work independently and have a keen eye for detail. You understand how the work you perform locally impacts the larger organization, and you are willing to speak up when you see an issue.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Promote a consistent safety culture throughout the Authentication Center by working with on-site leadership.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly safety & facilities inspections.
- Participate in employee and guest accident investigations utilizing root cause analysis, identifying hazards, and implementing solutions to address safety risks.
- Administer safety training, as appropriate, to establish, support and communicate company-wide and site-specific safety initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of company-wide safety and facilities initiatives, including acting as an on-site liaison for incorporating safe working techniques.
- Support all onsite COVID safety initiatives.
- When safety issues are noted, notify Safety and Facilities leadership and partner with on-site managers to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Actively contribute to other Safety, Loss Prevention, and Facilities initiatives as requested.
- Support day to day facilities operations.
- Coordinate internal office moves.
- Responsible for office supply inventory and replenishment.
- Assist facilities with project support by completing various tasks within the project's scope.
- Ensure the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) products are stocked and available for all employees, vendors, and customers.
What You Bring To The Role
- High School education or equivalent is required. College education or at least 2 year(s) experience in the Safety and/or Facilities fields is preferred.
- Respects confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Possesses strong writing skills and the ability to relay verbal/written information effectively and professionally.
- Feels comfortable working with technology and computer equipment. Experience using G-suite is preferred.
- Has excellent interpersonal and observational skills.
- Possesses strong communication skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to establish a strong partnership with all levels of leadership.
- A professional appearance and demeanor.
- The position requires a full flex open availability with the expectation of working some evenings and weekends, as requested.
GHR6648 #LI-KH26 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world's largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories-including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home-in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here .
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Real EstateView all jobs at The RealReal
Get fresh Facility Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.