Want to Work for the Best of the Best?
Our company, The Raymond Group, is one of the wall and ceiling industry's leading full service, design-assist, specialty finish and theming contractors. We have been in business for 80+ years and have always been recognized in the industry as being an exceptional organization who delivers an extraordinary service. We are distinguished by a company culture where management is passionate about its employees and obligates itself to improving their lives as well as the lives of their families. We operate with integrity, dedication and truly believe in investing in our team. We grow their knowledge and skills and keep them on the cutting edge of what's happening in our field. Through a continued emphasis on being the best and delivering service excellence we are continuing to grow to new heights.
As we continue to expand, we are looking for individuals who want to be part of our dynamic organization and build unrivaled and exciting projects. Every single day, we offer our employees many ways to take their skills to the next level and challenge themselves. We have a team of the top professionals in our industry and are looking to add additional outstanding talent to our Northern California unit.
We are seeking a Construction Project Engineer to join our team of professionals. This position will be primarily directed to report to work at assigned project sites and will report to the office only on an as needed basis. The individual in this role will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the management of assigned construction projects as directed by field management (e.g., project management project superintendents and/or project foremen) to make available critical management time allowing additional focus on production, planning, safety, quality control and other key profit/loss areas.
- Share in the responsibility of ensuring that field operations on assigned projects are undertaken with safety as the primary concern, including completion of bi-weekly jobsite safety inspections.
- Act as the liaison between the project site, office management and general contractors.
- Provide aid to project superintendents and/or project foremen to include but not limited to: conducting new hire orientation, preparing weekly timecards, completing daily reports, ordering and receiving equipment and supplies, etc.
- Support project management activities by rendering assistance on such tasks as reviewing and responding to Requests for Information (RFI), updating budgets, managing subcontractors, updating weekly progress job cost reporting, tracking back order materials and effectively managing lead times, production reporting, etc.
- Working as part of a project team to deliver extraordinary results for our clients.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay structure.
- Excellent benefits including vacation, company paid holidays and PTO.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, wellness program, FSA as well as company paid life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability.
- Tuition reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan and profit-sharing program.
- Engaging company culture, promotion possibilities and much more!
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency with Spectrum, Access and On-Screen Takeoff (OST) preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- At least two years of construction operations experience in the wall and ceiling industry or graduation from an accredited university with a Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Ability to move or travel throughout the area as project and/or business needs dictate.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Ready to Join the Best?