Make a Difference! Join our team at The Raw Connection – Carmel, CA
We are a local, independent health food store for pets, specializing in raw and whole food diets for dogs and cats. We’re searching for friendly, outgoing, and hard-working sales associates to join our team. Both full time and part time positions are available.
- Outstanding customer service skills – customer comes first attitude!
- A genuine love for animals
- Knowledge of/or willingness to learn nutrition
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive team player who looks for ways to help coworkers and customers
- Dependable and punctual
- Takes initiative to do whatever it takes to get the job done
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Greet all customers and their pets
- Provide nutritional advice for both beginners and advanced customers
- Assist customers in selecting the appropriate merchandise to meet their needs
- Process sales and run reports on Quickbooks Point of Sale System
- Answer the phone and follow through with customers’ questions
- Contact customers when special orders have arrived
- Assist customers by carrying their packages to the car
- Restock product on floor and in walk-in freezer
- Recommend and fit/adjust harnesses on dogs
- Keep the store clean: sweep, dust, empty trash, etc.
- Must have a love of animals and a passion to learn and educate customers on the nutritional benefits of whole versus processed foods.
- Retail Store experience (grocery store or other high volume retail store preferred)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs on a regular basis in order to assist in unloading pallets, stocking, and carrying out for customers
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and have experience in dealing with all types of customers.
- Must be even tempered and team spirited – a good sense of humor is desirable
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must have knowledge of Excel and Point of Sale Systems as well as the ability to quickly learn specific software.
- Competitive salary/D.O.E. ($15/hour minimum)
- Paid vacation/paid sick leave/paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for full time positions
- Employee discount program
Please send your resume and answer the Interview Questions that will be presented as a next step...