Job Title: PSYCHIATRIC PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT SERVICES/NURSE PRACTITIONER
Position: 5-year base
Location: Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) Danbury, CT
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to pass a NACI background check
The Ravens Group, Inc. is in an active bidding process for this position which is contingent upon The Ravens Group, Inc. being awarded the contract.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- These services will normally consist of ten (10), one (1) hour sessions per day, Monday through Thursday and/or Tuesday through Friday (except Federal holidays), normally between the hours of 6:00 am and 4:00 pm, with a thirty-minute unpaid lunch period, (if applicable).
- Due to the nature of the correctional setting, delays in the performance of work may be expected.
- Methods generally a field of Physician Assistant services, and will be in compliance with all Federal and State policies and regulations.
- Has sole responsibility and discretion for choosing and implementing the manner and method of performing tasks outlined.
- The Contractor must have the ability to work with an inmate population from a variety of cultural, regional, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- The contractor will be responsible for performing the following clinical functions: Provide a wide range of emergency services, in the absence of the physician, including primary care for trauma and life-saving procedures; Perform minor surgical procedures, such as incisions and drainage; suturing of lacerations; removal of cysts; and removal/repair of ingrown toenails, after consultation with the physician; Prescribe medications and treatment for illnesses.
- Prior to dispensing, we must call attention to any synergistic, antagonistic, and cumulative effects of the medications prescribed.
- Serves as the primary provider for routine requests for evaluation of new complaints, for routine recurring visits for chronic illnesses, and emergencies when clinically indicated.
- Establishes diagnostic impressions and requests appropriate diagnostic tests (e.g., laboratory, x-ray, visual acuity, and electrocardiogram) and ability to interpret results and selected laboratory findings to include the following:
- Clinical Laboratory - urinalysis, complete blood counts, staining and examination of smears for bacteria, blood glucose, audio hearing tests.
- Radiology - preliminary interpretation of radiographs to identify gross abnormalities such as fractures, etc.
- Optometry - screening for distance and near vision by use of charts and visual screening machines.
- Electrocardiograph Operations - operates the electrocardiographic machine and has basic concepts of interpretation of the tracing to detect abnormalities.
- Dental - able to perform screening dental examinations, charting and recognizing gross abnormalities of the gum and teeth by means of percussion and palpation and interpretation of dental radiographs.
- Mental Health - capable of screening for gross mood change, disoriented patterns of behavior, or speech. Takes brief psychiatric, drug, and alcohol abuse history.
- General knowledge to identify a particular mental disorder such as depression or anxiety and provides emergency treatment and care.
- Inmate records are the sole property of the Federal Bureau of Prisons and are confidential.
ACADEMIC, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Physician Assistant who shall have a degree as a Psychiatric Physician Assistance from an accredited physician assistant training program,
- At least one year experience,
- A valid and current license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut
- Evidence acceptable to the Clinical Director of recent testing for immunity to Tuberculosis or other communicable diseases,
- minimum of one year experience within the preceding three years in a medical setting.
- Experience in a correctional health care setting preferred, but not required.
- The Physician Assistant must possess good clerical skills, along with having the ability to read, understand, fluently speak, and legibly write English.
- The Contractor must provide verification of Malpractice insurance with a minimum of $1, 000,000.00.
- Finally, the Contractor must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, in accordance with the American Red Cross or American Health Association.
- The licenses will be subject to verification.
- The Contractor will provide a copy of all diplomas and/or certificates to support stated qualifications.
NOTE: The Physician Assistant must wear appropriate and professional attire at all times (scrub uniforms are approved). The Physician Assistant is prohibited from wearing khaki or green clothing of any type as this is the color clothing the inmate population wear.
NOTE: TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST COMPLETE THE PRESCREENED QUESTIONNAIRE IF QUESTIONNAIRE IS NOT COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.