Job Title: Environmental Technician
Location: Tucson, AZ (Contracting with USAF)
POP: 1-year base/with possible extension
Clearance Requirement: TBD
The Ravens Group, Inc. is in an active bidding process for this position which is contingent upon The Ravens Group, Inc. being awarded the contract.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Shall be responsible for technical and administrative requirements within the Environmental Management Office which includes base wide management of hazardous waste, used oil, recycling programs and to assist in pollution prevention efforts and compliance requirements for all environmental permits in force. Perform progressively responsible activities of a technical and scientific nature related to the environmental quality involving hazardous and special wastes for the Environmental Management Office. Must also perform a full range of asset management activities to ensure formal accountability in the receiving, inspecting, storing, pulling orders, loading and processing all incoming and/or outgoing tools, parts, and materials related to the environmental program and base supply 15% of the workweek.
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills, mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- · Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and certification to operate up to 10,000 lbs forklift and GSA vehicles.
- · Must have the physical ability and agility to lift up to 50 lbs. independently.
- · Minimum of two years of experience managing hazardous waste compliance, knowledge of hazardous waste characterization, storage, etc. which could include undergraduate/graduate research.
- · Prefer candidate to possess a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Management or closely related field: At a minimum of 24 hours in course work directly related to the environmental field.
- · Experience in a biological or environmental field (undergraduate research, graduate research, internship, or employment); which includes applicable research. Related work experience in supply and distribution including verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
· Ability to operate the following computer programs:
o Enterprise Environmental Safety and Occupational Health-Management Information System (EESOH-MIS)
o Virtual Environmental Management Office SharePoint Site (VEMO)
o MS Office Applications.
- Required license and/or certification requirements related to this order are the responsibility, as well as any continuing education to maintain required license/certification.
- · Workplace safety regulations, to include OSHA, state and local safety regulations. Must wear steel-toed boots, protective eyewear, and mask, hearing protection or PPE, as required by OSHA, state or other regulations.
- The contractor shall possess and maintain a valid Arizona motor vehicle license and be able to travel to job sites across the state of Arizona.
- The Contractor may have the need to access Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and/or For Official Use Only (FOUO) information in the performance of official duties.
- Must be able to pass AT Level I Training. (All contractor employees, to include subcontractor employees, requiring access to US Government installations, facilities and controlled access areas shall complete AT Level I training within 15 calendar days after the contract start date or effective date)
- Must be able to pass Information Assurance (IA) / Information Technology (IT) Training. (All contractor employees and associated sub-contractor employees shall complete the DoD Information Assurance Awareness CyberAwareness Challenge before issuance of network access and annually thereafter).
- Must be able to obtain Information Assurance (IA) / Information Technology (IT) Certification. (The baseline certification as stipulated in DoD 8570.01-M shall be completed upon contract award).
- Must be able to obtain Common Access Card (CAC). Before CAC issuance, the contractor employee requires, at a minimum, a favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI/Tier 1) or higher investigation IAW DoDI 5200.46.
- Must be able to pass NACI Background Check with the Office of Personnel Management and a favorable completion of an FBI fingerprint check.