Business Analyst (Remote & On-Site)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Business Analyst (Remote & On-Site)
Location: 90 K Street NE, Suite 200, Washington D.C. 20002.
Department: The National Indian Gaming Commission
Additional: Candidate shall provide Level 1 support from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Contract: National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC)
Period of Performance: 1 year base w/ 4 year option year = 5 years contract
Start Date: TBD
Salary: Great Pay/ Negotiable
Note: Must be willing to sign a Letter of Intent (LOI) for the position
Clearance Requirement: Must Be able to pass a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACI/ NCLC) at the time of awarded contract.
Note: The Ravens Group, Inc. request that all interested parties complete the attached questionnaire in order to be considered for position.
The Ravens Group, Inc. is in an active bidding process for this position, which is contingent upon The Ravens Group, Inc. being awarded the contract.
Scope of Work:
National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) is seeking Information Technology (IT) staffing services to
implement and maintain a dedicated IT help desk function to support day to day IT needs through
incident ticket triage, escalation and resolution for agency personnel. Additionally, the agency requires IT
support to assist with the development and maintenance of IT procedural documentation, end-user
documentation and communications review. Finally, a business analyst is needed to conduct a review and
assessment of the agency's internal financial accounting software and processes and provide a plan for
upgrading the agency's financial accounting software.
The candidate will provide staffing equivalent to two full-time help desk technicians to provide support
to existing federal IT support team with managing day to day IT help desk operations. Staff will provide
first-level contact services for approximately 125 agency users. Support will be provided through remote
and in-person at the Washington, DC headquarters office. Additionally, the candidate will provide one
full-time business analyst to provide support with developing a plan to upgrade the agency’s current
financial accounting system, Sage. The candidate will assess current business processes used by the
Finance Division and gather requirements to develop and provide recommendations on modernizing the
agency’s accounting software.
- The business analyst will have minimum of 10 years of experience supporting and implementing financial accounting systems to support business reporting processes.
- Experience preferred with supporting internal federal agency reporting processes.
- In order to provide the agency with a more accurate, timely, and robust financial reporting on the agency’s spending on a regular basis, the agency not only needs to revamp the current account coding structure and/or the accounting system, but also needs to change the business process on day-to-day operations.
- The current financial reporting process requires extensive manual matching of the accounting data between external and internal systems due to the limitation on current coding/system structures.
- The NIGC currently uses both an external accounting system, Financial and Business Management System (FBMS) through the U.S. Department of Interior (DOI), and an internal accounting system, Sage-PeachTree (PT) to manage all financial accounting and required reporting activities for the agency.
- The agency requires a business analyst to conduct a review and assessment of the current financial business processes and technologies currently used for agency financial accounting and reporting requirements in order to provide the agency with recommendations and plan to upgrade or establish a new financial accounting system to meet required internal accounting and reporting objectives established by the Division of Finance.
- The contractor shall be directly responsible for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and completion of all tasks under this effort.
- Specifically, the contractor shall: a. Review and assess current Division of Finance’s internal and external financial accounting and reporting processes using PT and FBMS.
- Assist Division of Finance with collecting and defining internal reporting structure requirements from agency stakeholders.
- (i.e., Commission, executive management).
- Investigate to understand current FBMS and PT coding structures and limitations.
- Review current process with monthly manual mapping on financial transaction transfers between FBMS and PT systems to develop and/or provide recommended solutions to automate these processes.
- Work with NIGC and DOI stakeholders on collecting and/or defining new system requirements.
- At a minimum, these requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Integrate background investigation billing system (Bill Quick) into PT or new accounting system.
- Input budget at the same detail level on Excel budget template and upload the budget details to new system .
- Require a report writing function (or obtain a different report writer software) to integrate budget and actual data.
- Design the actual vs. budget report format in the new system.
- Consolidate actual data from FBMS and budget data from new accounting software at the same detail level into the report writing system.
- Generate financial reporting on a regular basis.
- Provide recommendations on improving internal financial accounting and business processes to eliminate manual work processes.
- Evaluate and identify accounting system(s) and solutions to streamline reporting processes both internally and externally to FBMS.
Additional: This is a Remote and On-Site position.
The Ravens Group is an "equal opportunity employer/veteran/disability" organization.
The Ravens Group, Inc.
The Ravens Group is a, CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in Government Contracting and Consulting. Our corporate headquarters is located in Annapolis, Maryland. The Ravens Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and/of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
BusinessView all jobs at The Ravens Group, Inc.