Commercial Construction Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This opportunity is within the Infrastructure products division and the primary function of the Sales Representative is to sell pre-blended QUIKRETE® commercial products: shotcretes, grouts, fastsets and related cementitious goods to commercial contractors and distributors. Target markets include highway, parking structures, lock and dam, sewer rehabilitation and railroads. Day to day duties include making sales calls and presentations to contractors as well as to distributors. The ideal candidate must be passionate about the work and have the ability to build close relationships with key decision makers and influencers in the industry. This position will also promote QUIKRETE products to architects, spec writers and state and local agencies with the goal of brand name products being written into jobsite specifications. The Infrastructure Representative shall attend and support local trade organizations. This support includes attending regular meetings, making product presentations and contributing to the advancement of all QUIKRETE® branded products through local events that the organization may support. The Infrastructure Salesperson must work closely with the operations department (plant) and the Technical Center to make sure that the product being used in the field is a design that meets the customer’s workability and performance expectations.
The Infrastructure Representative will report to the National Sales Manager of Infrastructure and have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently to achieve performance goals. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of the construction process and some concrete repair terms including, but not limited to, knowledge of job specifications, DOT and ASTM specifications as they relate to concrete repairs in the infrastructure market.
Below are some other key functions of the QUIKRETE® Infrastructure Sales Rep:
- Effective job site demonstrations and presentations.
- This is a “hands on” position and it will be necessary for the candidate to visit jobsites, including but not limited to highway jobsites.
- Work with the producing plant and management to create product forecasts, both weekly and annual, and delivery schedules.
- Attend local and national construction shows as needed.
- Understand product needs for the customer and work with the Technical Center on special designs.
- Maintain close interaction with the plant and attend operations meetings as necessary.
- Train end users in the use of products.
- Ability to identify and capture new business, as well as maintain and grow existing business.
Bachelor's degree from accredited University.
3 - 5 years sales/marketing experience.
Reside in the territory listed above.
Must have valid drivers license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
Skilled in making presentations to prospective customers and decision makers.
Ability to influence decision makers in conveying the benefits of pre-blended concretes over alternate methods.
The Quikrete Companies
1553 Pineridge Drive West ColumbiaRichmond, VA
Get fresh Construction Sales Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.