Afterschool Program Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quest Zone Afterschool Program is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced school-age educator to manage our growing afterschool program.
The individual in this position will be responsible for operating the afterschool program in accordance with best practices in education, the company's policies, state licensing regulations, and National Afterschool Association standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the school's program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of The Sunshine House / The Quest Zone Afterschool Program, Common Core standards, and National Afterschool Association standards.
- Treating children, families, staff and others with dignity and respect, and meeting the needs of individuals with awareness of their interests, cultural background, special talents and needs.
- Implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum and a system of ongoing observation based assessment in order to assess the developmental levels of the children, and the overall effectiveness of the school.
- Demonstrating through daily actions and work habits the desire to provide outstanding customer service and competitive value.
- Enrolling and partnering with parents of children, treating them with respect, welcoming them into the school, and providing frequent and varied parent involvement opportunities
- Implementing public relations events sponsored by The Sunshine House / The Quest Zone and representing the company in a positive, professional manner.
- Recruiting, hiring, supervising, and empowering staff, through support, training, and understanding of their talents and individual needs to implement best practices for children and their families.
- Being responsible for the orderly arrangement, appearance, and learning environment of the afterschool program and educational equipment and materials.
- Maintaining cost control according to budgeted guidelines while providing quality services.
- Maintaining accurate accounting and reporting according to company guidelines.
- Participating in professional development opportunities for self and others, and completing the training hours as required by The Sunshine House / The Quest Zone, and by the state, including after-hours sessions.
The person selected for this position must be professionally prepared, must meet the requirements of state licensing agencies, and be physically and mentally fit to lead an afterschool program. These requirements include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Must have an extensive knowledge of both child care management and early care and education, and meet state and other regulatory agency requirements for a site director.
- Must maintain state in-service training requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children's needs, without danger to the staff person's health. Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, at least 95% of the day. Must be able to evaluate and solve problems and work with challenging situations, while maintaining positive interpersonal relationships.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in both verbal and written English.
- Must be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day. This includes stress, tension, noise, and interpersonal conflicts. Must able to physically and mentally react immediately to unexpected circumstances.
- Must be able to function in any capacity needed with the school (see other job descriptions for details).
The Quest Zone
AddressNorth Augusta, SC
EducationView all jobs at The Quest Zone