Work with a Tier 2 automotive supplier of processed steel and aluminum South of Spartanburg, SC with a maintenance team of 6 with focus on the electro-mechanical and PLC programming side of the equipment.
Responsible for overseeing the daily activities of all employees in the maintenance department. Supervises, coordinates and ensures overall equipment safety, repairs, performance and maintenance. Promotes safety and company’s profitability while supporting policies, goals and objectives of the company.
● Initiates, implements and supervises the plant maintenance program with emphasis on planned, scheduled and preventive/predictive maintenance.
● Coordinates, supervises and monitors maintenance personnel.
● Monitors and tracks plant equipment, maintenance history, spare parts, work orders, etc.
● Manages the materials and tools needed for the proper functioning of all maintenance activities.
● Ensures that all maintenance personnel are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the plants maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
● Identifies all external resources needed and requests quotes from vendors.
● Supervises all work to be done by outside vendors.
● Responsible for coordinating and scheduling all maintenance down time to minimize down-time.
● Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
● Maintains and enforces the safety programs for departments under his direction.
● Conducts employees’ performance reviews.
● Responsible for disciplinary actions, writes-ups and verbal communication and keeps HR Department informed on all incidents.
● Ensure work area is safe and reports all accidents.
PPE’s: Uniform, safety shoes, glasses sleeves, ear protection and gloves when working with steel. Heavy rubber gloves when working with propane. Face shield when grinding. Fall protection/harness when working in heights greater than 4 feet or man lift.
· Associate Degree or vocational school.
● 3 years industry relevant production experience preferable in the steel industry, metallurgy, metalworking, blanking or automotive supplier certified.
● Electrical and Mechanical experience
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Knowledge of health and safety regulations, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
● Proven leadership capabilities.
● Handle confidential matters.
● Knowledge of PC, Microsoft Office
● Knowledge of SAP a plus
The Q Works Group
Why Work Here?Work with a Tier 1 automotive supplier of metal components in the Upstate SC
Great opportunity with a stable company. Excellent benefits.