Work at an automotive manufacturer in the Upstate, SC with a team of professionals to monitor, identify and help improve the bottom line.
Actively apply accounting expertise in the support of functional department needs, financial accounting requirements, and performance reporting.
The ideal candidate would have a solid understanding of accounting principles coupled with experience within a manufacturing environment, a technical aptitude that allows you to understand operational efficiencies, labor and material impact and the effects on their cost.
· Evaluate and ensure accuracy of cost of sales and related variances.
· Provide analysis for plant costing activities including material, labor and overhead standards.
· Gather, compile and analyze sales, material, labor and overhead information to be used in annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
· Update product costs during annual cost roll and throughout year where needed.
· Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
· Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
· Prepare and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability.
· Participate in the monthly closing process with the rest of the accounting team, with a focus on cost of materials and labor absorption.
· Report performance metrics (sales, labor, operating efficiencies) to the management team on a daily basis.
· Maintain key operational performance charts and reports.
· Learn Manufacturing Execution System used to track machine efficiencies, downtimes, and performance and provide daily support to manufacturing team.
· Interact with manufacturing team to achieve continuous improvement and identify cost reduction opportunities.
· Provide financial analysis and follow up for process improvements and capital request expenditures.
· Provide cost support for quoting equipment, service and parts.
· Assist with year-end physical inventories and reconciliations.
· Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule.
· Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors).
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
· SAP Costing Experience (MM and CO Modules) required
· 2+ years of Cost Accounting experience required
· High level of computer literacy (SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· High capability of learning new skills and processes
· Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage priorities
· Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
The Q Works Group
Why Work Here?Work with a Tier 1 automotive supplier of metal components in the Upstate SC
Great opportunity with a stable company. Excellent benefits.