- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This supervisory position provides administrative support in the absence of site manager and requires strong organizational skills, leadership ability and clinical nursing knowledge. Works collaboratively with providers and health care staff to provide comprehensive patient care and promotion of patient health across the life cycle. Works with other healthcare facilities and social agencies to provide continuity of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Nursing Services
- Assess immediate and long-term physical, mental and social health care needs of individuals and families.
- Incorporate age appropriate principles and consider cultural and linguistic needs of patients and families to develop a plan of nursing care.
- Work with individual and/or family to arrange follow-up care and provide patient education.
- Provide support to individuals and families during periods of wellness and injuries, incorporating as appropriate the medical plan of care.
Initiate action by direct contact, by telephone, or referral, according to approved guidelines
B. Managed Care
- Coordinate referrals by obtaining any required authorization from Health Insurance Companies. Book appointments if required and inform patients as necessary. Follow up with results and DNKAs. Maintain logs as required (Pap, Mammogram and ultrasound logs).
- Work with Health Center Staff to coordinate and track referrals and improve process.
C. Coordinated Care/Patient Centered Medical Care Management
- Works with all members of the Health Care Team towards achieving coordinated patient centered care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the goals and objectives of PCHC’s patient care management plan.
- Effectively able to perform and communicate individual task within role in the process.
D. Quality Improvement/Risk Management
- Maintain and review records and reports essential to patient care and effective functioning of the program and take any necessary steps toward these goals.
- Review new policies and procedures. Ensure ancillary staff follows guidelines.
E. Clinic Leadership Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and ongoing assistance to ancillary health care staff.
- Identify training requirements for staff and participate in implementation of training activities.
- Provide input to supervisory staff in annual evaluation of ancillary staff.
- Precept collegiate nursing students.
F. Charge Nurse Responsibilities
- Organize and submit staff payroll.
- Assist with computer, printer, fax and copying machine issues.
- Coordinate facility care.
- Monitor employee schedules and attendance ensuring standard hour compliance.
- Organize daily staffing schedule changes.
- Oversee HCA and RN training and development including performance issues.
- Facilitate practice growth.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates and/or Bachelors Degree in Nursing from accredited school of nursing or college required. Current RI RN License required. Minimum of three-years of nursing experience in hospital, public health or community health required. Previous supervisory experience in charge nurse role preferred.
PCHC is EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
Get fresh Charge Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.