The Providence Center
Job Title: Employment Specialist
Division: Intermediate Services
Department: Anchor Recovery Community Center
Location: Anchor Recovery Community Centers
Reports To: Operations Manager
Coordinate vocational and employment services in recovery community center setting. Assist members with identification of employment opportunities, resume writing, and application process. Support members in securing ‘recovery-friendly’ employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Assist Anchor members with computer use to locate employment opportunities.
● Assist members with resume writing and organizing job application process.
● Provide information about job seeking techniques, ie. interviewing tips, proper attire for
● Maintain required data tracking for members served and employment-related activities and
● Conduct employment-related workshops and training sessions
● Coordinate employment-related learning opportunities offered by community-based
professionals and organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have direct experience with addiction recovery process, lived experience or as recovery ally
· Minimum two years’ experience providing supervision
· Knowledge of volunteer management preferred
· Positive communication skills
· Must be 21 years of age or older
· Computer literate with Word and Excel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Associates degree; with Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years experience working in vocational/ employment setting. Experience with resume writing. Must possess good typing skills as well as good spelling and grammar.
Must possess excellent communications skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence and to speak effectively with employees of The Center and outside agencies.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.