Job Description: Community Manager
If you are super-organized and love working with people, then our assistant community manager position is perfect for you. Type A personalities are more than welcome to apply, as details are key in this position, provided you also have a gentle touch when it comes to collecting rent and a sparkling touch with community relations. As the second-in-command under the community manager, you’re in charge of keeping all resident files up-to-date, collecting rents, dealing with delinquencies, reviewing and approving Statements of Deposit Accounts, and preparing and delivering legal and formal documents. You’ll also assist with the turnover process with new leases and lease renewals with existing residents who will adore you if you’re the right person for the position.
· Provide Excellent Customer Service (we truly believe in first rate customer service).
· Work closely with the Property Manager in every aspect of the apartment community to ensure smooth daily operations.
· Understand the competitive market and ensure we stay ahead of competition.
· Stay on the cutting edge of market conditions, trends and product knowledge in the community and competitive communities; ensure same knowledge in leasing staff
· Oversee and direct efforts to maximize rental income and high occupancy through sales and marketing plans
· Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures
· Play role in achieving community financial goals with assisting in the development, preparation and administration of the community’s capital and operating budgets
· Receive and collect all rent and cash receipts in accordance with company standards
· Provide clerical and phone support
· Maintain all resident files, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all paperwork and documentation
· Review and approve Statements of Deposit Accounts, ensuring all are timely and comply with state law and all changes are necessary and accurate as stated on the Move Out Inspection Report and company standards
· Maintain a calendar of scheduled move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments inspected and compliant with established standards prior to move-in
· Prepare and deliver all legal and formal notices in accordance with state law and company standards, including but not limited to late notices, change in term notices, and notices of violation of community rules and regulations
· Demonstrate ability to resolve resident complaints and direct pertinent issues and matters to the community manager
· Input all cash receipts to appropriate income accounts in the community management system and prepare and generate list of deposit receipts and amounts in accordance with company standards
· Complete all Entrata computer sessions including: Applicant Move-Ins/Outs, Rent Increases/Lease Expirations, Lease Renewals, EOM processing and other Entrata processes in accordance with operational manual and company policies and procedures
· Initiate all necessary evictions by preparing copies and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evictions or other legal proceedings; ensure all evictions and legal proceedings are followed through to completion
· Conduct resident move-outs in accordance with state law and company standards
· Maintain all account records and transactions including NSF's, rent allowances, concessions, rent increases and other management-approved debits and credits
· Ensure timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation and distribution of delinquency reports to the community manager
· Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
Leasing Responsibilities Include:
· Respond effectively to telephone inquiries to generate prospective resident visits to the property. Maintain a call to show ratio of at least 65%.
· Show and demonstrate apartments, utilizing sales skills to demonstrate market ready product and availability to close prospects.
· Follow-up with prospective residents.
· Monitor and record telephone and walk-in traffic at property via welcome cards and traffic logs.
· Walk model tour route and open models daily to ensure quality presentation.
· Obtain lease information and complete lease applications. Conduct required credit and reference checks. Set up and maintain lease files.
· Conduct weekly market surveys. Review and maintain internet and print publications.
Qualifications and Skills:
Skills include an excellent ability to manage and motivate others; effective communication with residents, prospects and vendors. Other essential skills include, but are not limited to:
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong administrative and organizational skills
· Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
· Strong customer service orientation
· Good understanding of basic accounting practices
· Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
· Ability to drive and access to a car
· Knowledge of state law as it relates to the handling of Security Deposits and other resident-related fees and charges
· Basic computer and Internet knowledge
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages.
· Two years of college, or work equivalent.
TPP is guided by our core principles: Enjoy What You Do, Stewardship, Accountability and Collaboration. We believe in creating partnerships, understanding our client’s vision, and working collaboratively to execute and make each vision a reality.
TPP currently manages properties in Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC in all asset classes. Our ability to maximize value for our owners is proven on lease-up, value add projects and stabilized management. We are NOI focused, but are uncompromising on blending this focus with superior service to our residents and owners.