Chief Financial Officer
- Posted: 9 days ago
Become a leader in our amazing, one-of-a-kind organization!
For almost fifty years, The Professional Center for Child Development (PCCD), a nonprofit, human services organization has dedicated itself to our mission of “Nurturing the growth and potential of EVERY child.” PCCD provides children of all abilities, ages birth to 12, with a solid foundation for life-long learning through our developmental, educational, and therapeutic programs so they can achieve their full potential. MA Governor Charlie Baker has called PCCD “one of the best programs of its kind in the Commonwealth.”
Our workplace is continually evolving and is defined by our culture of respect, integrity, collaboration, teamwork, creative thinking, and innovation. Our employees give 110% to everything they do, to create a supportive, creative, and collaborative workplace culture.? Most importantly, we spend our days seeing the possibilities – in students of all abilities, in families of all kinds, and in each other.????
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the Executive Director, acts autonomously in a continually evolving, growth-oriented environment, leading a cross-functional team in the Finance, Administrative, Payroll, Billing, Facilities, and Information (IT) departments. The CFO will actively partner with the Executive Director in setting PCCD’s strategic vision for all financial, cost identification, revenue/expense analysis and actively participate, as well as accounting, finance, operational and technology process improvement initiatives. He/she will have a flexible and collaborative work style to drive multidisciplinary teams with a strong history of successful financial recommendations/improvements. The CFO is responsible for the multiple funding sources for our improved private education school, Early Childhood and Early Intervention programs, including federal and state contracts and private grants compliance.
To apply: Please visit our careers page at: https://www.theprofessionalcenter.org/careers/. Send us your resume and cover letter telling us why your experience and background are perfect for this opportunity. PCCD is proud to offer a supportive team environment with ongoing support and mentoring, as well as a great benefits package including:
- Family Friendly, Flexible Schedules
- Time Off: Up to 3 weeks' vacation
- Medical: Company cost sharing for plan of your choice
- Dental: Company paid premiums for employee coverage
- Vision: Annual exam, allowance toward contacts & glasses
- Registered Dietitian Services
- Life & Disability Insurances: Company paid
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Staff Development & Training Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Student Loans: As an employee, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness!
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related degree. A CPA/CMA and/or an MBA is highly desired.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience managing an annual budget of at least $5million. Strong accounting, finance, cost control, GAAP, federal/state financial regulations and financial systems preferably in a small to medium size nonprofit organization. Demonstrated experience filing the annual UFR, Schedule B, Form 990, and Form PC. A working knowledge of Medicaid is highly desirable.
- A demonstrated history working closely with executive leadership to develop the organization’s strategic vision to promote growth, profitability and presence preferably in a nonprofit environment is essential.
- Proven management experience with accounting, billing, payroll, facilities, and/or IT functions, including staff supervision. Strong people management skills including mentoring, performance evaluations, and/or career/professional development.
- Seasoned and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the chief executive of nonprofit entity. If coming from a for-profit organization, nonprofit board experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with larger multidisciplinary programs/teams on budget, contract procurement and other financial matters.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to interpret a strategic vision into an operational model, as well as examine, develop, reengineer, and make improvement recommendations to streamline accounting, finance, operational and technology functions.
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong service mentality, team player, and life-long learner. Demonstrated integrity and genuine passion for the mission, vision, and values of PCCD and a commitment to integrate values-driven decision-making. Commitment to the social or human service sector with a desire to work in a growth-oriented, mission-driven environment.
- Excellent business writing, oral communication, and presentation skills to communicate financial reports and information to wide-ranging audiences, including the Board of Directors
- Proficient in QuickBooks – Enterprise, Microsoft Office, and accounting/financial management software. Prior experience with a third-party billing system is preferred.
The Professional Center for Child Development
32 Osgood StreetAndover, MA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?