Fast Growing Atlanta Business Is Offering The Best Job In The World!
Be the "right hand" to the company founder in a rapidly growing entrepreneurial startup. A Director Of Operations to be an integral part of our team! You will coordinate and oversee the company's daily operations.
How would you like to be in direct control over your day to day work?
Due to 100% year on year growth ($3m in 2017 to $6m in 2018 to $12m in 2019), we have an opening for an exciting, challenging position at our Alpharetta office.
We need you to ...
- Manage purchasing (and cost reduction) of about $4m (2019) in spend of finished goods and WIP - 25% domestic, 75% offshore
- Manage and improve operational practices in our Alpharetta packaging / kitting operation
- Manage and lower transportation costs (inbound and outbound LTL and FTL)
- Manage offshore supply chain logistics via our partner Flexport
- Allocate resources and materials to meet project deadlines
- Track and forecast operational trends and analysis
- Provide weekly operations KPI for the product management team
- Formalize policies and procedures in accordance to HR regulations
In a nutshell you will be responsible for everything in the company except for Product Management / Sales
Are you the person we're looking for?
- This is a full time, office based job in Alpharetta, GA
- You will have 2-3 direct reports and 13-16 indirect reports (primarily warehouse associates and department leads)
- We sell household products (our own brands) primarily online, primarily through Amazon.
Do you like to ....
- Organize new and challenging projects?
- Visualize a customer experiencing a new product?
- Be responsible for sales and contribution profit for a Brand?
- Develop and maintain systems?
- Work with entrepreneurs in a relaxed but results driven team?
- Keep the wheels on the bus?
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing international company?
- Work in a company who cares about people?
- Learn new skills?
- Make a difference with your work and dedication?
Do you have ....
- Purchasing / negotiation experience with offshore manufacturers <- this is a must
- Experience traveling to China and/or Vietnam with direct manufacturer relationship building <- this is a must
- Desire to travel to China and/or Vietnam several times per year
- Management and organizational skills to juggle multiple projects?
- Ability to work through your direct reports.
- The drive and motivation to grow and learn with a young, dynamic company?
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines?
- The willingness to learn new systems and streamline workflows?
- Self confidence to work independently and keep the team on task?
- An interest in playing an instrumental role in developing and launching new consumer products?
- Detail orientation in all you do?
- Previous experience in operations or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Bennies (normally unheard of in 20 employee company) ....
- 401(K) from day one
- Medical insurance after 60 days.