Safety Specialist (Construction)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a General Contractor providing services for Traffic Control, Industrial/Maintenance, and Pipeline services. Our Mission is to put safety first. We are looking for a Construction Professional to join our team as a Safety Specialist. This role will be responsible for keeping the team true to our Mission through various safety initiatives.
The safety specialist supports and advises the Project Team on site on achieving an at-risk behavior-free environment to ensure all team members are working safely and within the company guidelines and policies.
- Work as part of the management team on a job site(s) to ensure all team members are working safely and within the company guidelines and policies
- Actively observe and provide feedback around crew's work to eliminate at-risk behavior, identify safety issues and help ensure corrective actions are taken
- Perform injury management including minor first aid, incident root cause investigation and reporting, return to work as needed
- Conduct daily inspections of facility actively observing and providing feedback around crew's work, tools, and equipment to eliminate hazards and identify at-risk behavior; advise on and help ensure corrective actions are taken
- Take an active role in the planning of upcoming work on the site to help the team identify potential safety issues and solutions
- Assist with developing, conducting, and documenting the job site safety orientations for all new team members, subcontractors, and other appropriate vendors, visitors, etc
- Establish emergency planning with project management, including identifying and arranging local emergency and healthcare services, identifying warning signals, evacuation assembly points, and escape routes
- Develop and set up systems to ensure proper handling of all Hazardous materials Including proper use, storage, shipment, spill control and cleanup, and disposal
- Ensure compliance with all Safety or Environmental requirements per state and federal regulations
- Perform periodic industrial hygiene and environmental sampling
- Assist with equipment and tool coordination
- Property maintenance/repair and coordination
- On-site subcontractor coordination
- Audit rubber glove testing assured grounding, FR Clothing, and Spill Kit programs
- Assist in cross-training other safety specialists in T&D-specific competencies
- Demonstrate knowledge of grounding best practices and equipotential zones
- 5 years of industrial field-related construction safety experience is preferred but not required
- Associates or Bachelor's degree (Safety field preferred)
- CPR, AED, OSHA 30, and First Aid certification are required
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are essential
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- CUSP, CHST, OHST, STS, CSP, EMT certifications are a plus
- The employee must hold a valid driver's license
- Regional travel required
- Ability to shift easily between projects and priorities and to manage multiple projects
- Strong sense of urgency in the accurate completion of tasks
- Ability to be effective in a diverse and multicultural work environment with internal and external customers
The Premier Resources Group
Get fresh Construction Safety Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!