Assists with overall management direction to one or more projects. Communicates detailed work responsibilities to subcontractors and supervises for conformance. Establishes, reviews, and acts upon changes in schedules, costs, quality of work and assists in purchasing and estimating; as well as mentoring Co-Ops.
- Manages document control processes (RFI's, Submittals, Change Orders etc.)
- Performs daily project coordination
- Assists in site planning and material management
- Procures materials
- Conducts onsite quality control checks
- Implements onsite safety plan
- Develops the project budget upon assignment and notification of award
- Processes pay applications
- Approves invoices
- Updates schedule and runs weekly labor reports
- Oversees start-up and commissioning
- Manages project closeout
This Job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time and this job description may be revised with or without notice.
- Position reports to: Market Channel Leader
- Position is a mentor for: Co-op
- Position is mentored by: Senior Project Manager, Project Manager
- Position to work closely with: Project Superintendent, Superintendent, Senior Superintendent
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Project Size: Effectively and efficiently work on the company's small to mid-size projects.
- Project Team: Project Manager, Superintendent
- Professional, dependable and ethical
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Member of a professional organization favorable
- Participate in career fairs and co-op recruitment
- Keep up with current technology (BIM, 3D Modelling, Pipe Detailing, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction knowledge – has some knowledge, as well as interest and ability to readily learn more about the types of work involved with the project.
- Knowledge of plans and specifications
- Knowledge of equipment and instruments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 year BS degree in engineering, construction management or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of construction experience preferred
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook required. Primavera/Oracle scheduling, Sage Timberline,
- AutoCad, and Viewpoint are a plus.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record. Motor Vehicle report required.
- LEED Certification a plus.
- PE Certification a plus.