We are a small and growing private practice so we need someone who is willing to jump in wherever necessary. This position plays a crucial support role in our day-to-day operations. Our clinical office works with a wide variety of clients, including families with young children, teenagers, married couples, and seniors. We are committed to excellence as an organization, seeking an front desk receptionist who can support our growth.
We are looking for someone who can organize tasks and priorities yet remain flexible in an expanding practice. We need someone who can compassionately engage with our clients, while fairly and consistently enforcing and following office procedures and policies, including making sure all patients payments are made prior to seeing a provider. We hope to find a self-starter who can anticipate obstacles, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. We are hoping this person will be good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it. This person must be dependable and prompt.
Previous and recent experience with phone lines, front desk, billing, patient accounts, insurance knowledge including insurance verification, collections, credit card processing, money handling, scheduling, etc., Must have current or recent experience, be a team player, computer literate, type 40 plus wpm, and be able to multitask.
Experience is preferred. Pay is commensurate with experience. No calls please, submit Resume, Cover Letter, and References.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Open the building at the designated time and have all front office activities fully operational at the start of business hours
- Greet visitors and patients in a timely and friendly manner
- Assist patients with completion of pre-registration forms
- Verify eligibility of patients' health care insurance
- Inform patients of costs of care being provided
- Collect fees according to office policies
- Schedule and reschedule patients’ appointments
- Straightens and maintains orderly appearance of reception area
- Assist patients with completion of medical record requests and FMLA paperwork
- Assist with prior authorization and calling in prescriptions
- Answer telephone and relay messages, making sure all messages are returned within 24 hours
- Maintain doctor schedules/templates
- Communicate necessary information with office personnel regarding patients
- Pick up and deliver materials as required for front office responsibilities
- Maintain forms and office supplies required for front office operations
- Assure the readiness of the reception area for each working day
- Keep office bathrooms/common clean and trash taken out daily
- Other duties may be assigned