Behavior Health Counselor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fast pace Behavioral Health Practice is seeking Counselors to work under the supervision of the Clinical Director to perform professional work involving the delivery and coordination of mental health services to individuals in need of intake process, crisis intervention, counseling and/or management services; coordination of linkages and resources to services, or information in the consumers community, and to perform other duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform patient assessments to determine presence of addiction or mental disorder as determined by level of academic preparation and/or licensure.
- Ability to develop and implement a plan of treatment, continuing care and discharge plans for the patient and/or family.
- Ability to perform unit specific competencies to include the performance of counseling and provision of clinical services.
- Able to evaluate patient progress and revise treatment plan as needed.
- Provides patient and family education about addiction and mental disorder.
- Knowledgeable of community resources available for patients and families.
- Assists with case management responsibilities for assigned patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform crisis intervention.
- Ensure Documentation meets standards and policies.
- Treats patients and families with professionalism, respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized; functions well during stressful and/or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with a variety of people, deal with stressful situations, and handle conflict.
- Stays current with new techniques, advances through seminars, conferences, continuing education classes, professional societies and journals, etc.
- Masters Degree in the Behavioral Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice or related field.
- Bachelors Degree in the Behavioral Sciences or Social Sciences, Social Work, Pschology, Criminal Justice, Counseling or related field andin pursuit of a Master’s degree that would qualify the student to ultimately qualify as a master level practitioner.
This is a non-smoking work environment.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified
The Potter's House Family and Children Treatment CenterOutpatient Behavioral Health Practice
Stone Mountain, GA