- Medical , Retirement
THE POSSIBLE ZONE
The Possible Zone (TPZ), a nonprofit organization, seeks an Operations Manager to join our growing Operations team The ideal candidate is a people-oriented self-starter who loves systems and processes, believes in and strives for excellent customer service and is passionate about closing the opportunity gap. This is an in-person role based in our Boston Innovation Center, with the expectation of working in our Boston office.
ABOUT THE POSSIBLE ZONE:
What if all young people could follow their dreams? What if they had the opportunity to design and launch a company or social-venture they were passionate about? What if they knew what an entrepreneur, venture capitalist, industrial designer, data scientist, marketing executive, electrical engineer, biotech researcher, advanced manufacturer, roboticist, game designer, journalist, nonprofit leader or mayor does and why? What if they were given the opportunity to intern in these positions and work settings while still in high school? And what if they had the chance to learn the foundational professional and technical skills needed to succeed in any of these careers? And very importantly, what if they develop a mindset, where their imagination and creativity can be fully explored, where everything is possible and where no boundaries exist? Would young people believe they could pursue these careers or any others they choose? Would they become what they had dreamed?
At The Possible Zone, our resounding answer is YES! We are on a journey to develop a transformative model and facility in the heart of Boston's most diverse and youth-populated communities.
TPZ is an eleven-year-old non-profit organization that has served well over 1,000 students with programming, internships and advisory services during high school toward the mission of economic equity. Our program has demonstrated strong impact in terms of high school graduation, matriculation into post-secondary education and careers, and strong Social Emotional Learning and Identity Development. As we further expand into Boston, TPZ Programming will catalyze a Boston Community Ecosystem that will include students, parents, high schools, community organizations, large corporations, local entrepreneurs, technology companies, venture capitalists, and postsecondary education institutions. Our intent is to join and continue to enhance a Student Ecosystem in Jackson Square and surrounding communities. Collectively we will dream, learn, work, and ultimately create leadership opportunities for economic mobility and prosperity for our students and their surrounding community. Importantly, TPZ is highly committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in everything we do. And as we establish success in our Boston Headquarters, we will scale our efforts to replicate TPZ's blueprint at a National level.
CURRENT SCALING (WHAT'S NEXT?)
TPZ recently opened a 35,000 sq. ft. Innovation Center that can serve up to 1,000 students annually. The organization employs 50+ professionals with plans to grow significantly in Boston over the next 3 years, as well as other cities beyond 2025. TPZ offers a strong professional development ethos; a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture, innovative curriculum & pedagogy, and a commitment to excellence and student impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Operations Manager plays a key role in the daily operations of TPZ. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing and implementing operational policies to ensure the organization effectively delivers on its mission. Both a systems thinker and a detail-oriented problem solver, the Operations Manager will identify and implement process improvements to strengthen our operations and services to our students and community.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Operations Manager will assist in ensuring that the Innovation Center is operating effectively, efficiently, and safely. The Operations Manager will support the VP of Operations in providing seamless technology support to our internal customers, providing operations support to our program staff, ensuring that our business processes are efficient and compliant; and that operational opportunities and challenges are anticipated and addressed in a timely manner.
Business Operations Support 50%
- Create and implement operational policies and procedures to strengthen organizational efficiency and productivity
- Maintain high level of customer service with internal staff, community coworking partners, and other external partners
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure timely responses for programmatic and operational needs, including technology, building experience, and safety
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure smooth operational workflows
- Make recommendations on continuous improvement of processes.
- Work closely with the VP of Operations and others to recognize technology opportunities and troubleshoot technology-related issues.
- Collaborate with the Talent team to onboard new employees by providing systems and building access
- Assist with the development of best practices and document procedures for org-wide software tools
- Assist with the creation of a vendor management process for adoption throughout the organization,
Building Experience & Event Support 20%
- Assist with maintaining a welcoming, organized work environment for staff and visitors
- Support partnerships team in identifying building space to accommodate community meetings and/or events
- Act as operations point person on cross-functional teams supporting TPZ events and meetings
Program Operations Support 10%
- Work with VP of Operations and Front End Coordinator/Program Ops Support associate to ensure positive student experience in our facility. Including but not limited to:
- Coordinate student transportation from school and after daily programming
- Assist with the ordering of daily student lunch
- Track inventory of student snacks and coordinate replenishing when necessary
- Assist Program team and Director of Student Support with ensuring coverage for student lounge and program entry spaces during programming
Important Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business, operations, project management or related fields
- Strong project management skills with deep attention to detail; demonstrated experience managing complex projects successfully
- Demonstrated technology acumen and clear understanding of how business needs and technology intersect.
- Must be a "quick study," able to quickly understand concepts and get traction against challenges
- Passion for youth development and/or entrepreneurship
- Strong ability to build relationships internally and externally, and mobilize teams of people not in a direct reporting line
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Process and detail orientation
- Understanding of TPZs program and strategy a strong plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to pivot or innovate when necessary and a sense of humor
Compensation & Benefits:
The Possible Zone offers a robust compensation and benefits package including high-quality health benefits and an employer contribution to your 401(k) plan.
We believe every member of our team and student body deserves opportunities for growth, success and inclusion. We recognize that for many of our students, staff and communities, their life journeys run through oppressive structures and systems (e.g. classism, racism, sexism) - and that's what makes our organizational culture and work so necessary and important.
We believe that diversity in perspective, backgrounds, ethnicities and lived experience is a strength, and from that strength, we can accomplish great things with the students we serve. Together as students, staff, organizations, communities, volunteers, and partners, we are intentional about creating safe spaces where all members can speak authentically and be themselves.
We are committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity. As members of The Possible Zone community, our progression along this ongoing journey raises thoughtful questions, reveals biases, and opens conversations. We celebrate one another and are unified in our commitment to young people, excellence, and innovation. This work is our shared responsibility and our opportunity to welcome all members who share in our mission and strive to provide pathways that further prepare students in achieving their desired success.
COVID Vaccination Policy
The Possible Zone is requiring that all employees receive a primary series of COVID-19 vaccination as well as a booster dose. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen, and receives a booster dose when eligible. In order to be qualified for employment at The Possible Zone, final candidates must comply with the vaccination requirement or receive an approved exemption
The Possible ZoneBoston, MA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.