The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ) is seeking a seasoned and dynamic executive professional to serve as its Director, World Trade Center.
The Director, World Trade Center has overall responsibility for the operations and management of the $15 billion World Trade Center complex, including planning for management of the site wide facilities including the Vehicle Security Center and adjoining roadways and the transportation hub. This includes long term strategic planning for the site; formulating and coordinating the execution of a comprehensive operational plan, developing and maintaining partnerships with public and private entities, tenant-landlord relations, and other types of activities involving the operations and management of the World Trade Center site.
Reporting to the Executive Director. the Director, World Trade Center is responsible for delivering world class service and operational excellence of the World Trade Center complex
by the safe and efficient management of its the day to day operations.
The The successful candidate's responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversight of the WTC facility and discrete projects related to its safe and effective operations, ranging from the build out of the site wide property management office and PAPD precinct to the site wide integration efforts planned to coordinate the design and operations of several different buildings as a cohesive facility.
- Direct and manage the WTC 24/7 command and operational center, working in collaboration with PAPD, local and state agencies, tenants, departments and stakeholders.
- Manage a $200M annual operating budget and long-term capital projects.
- Management responsibilities for a department of operations site-wide property management (SWPM) team, including full-time contract staff.
- Collaborate with the Real Estate and Law departments to continue building relationships with key stakeholders including Durst, Silverstein Properties and Westfield as well as the rebidding the SWPM contract and turning on the Public Safety Life Safety Radio system.
- Collaborate with private entities and coordinate with other Port Authority departments, including but not limited to Engineering, WTC Construction, Chief Security Office (CSO), WTC Security and Law to ensure that all management and post construction capital activities related to the operations of the WTC site are properly coordinated and executed.
- Work with Engineering and Office of Environmental to manage agency environmental and code commitments.
- Work jointly with the CSO's office to support the management of related security issues with all operations, including the campus security initiative.
- Provide customer service to multiple WTC customers, including employees, commuters, tourists, locals, neighborhood partners, etc., working in conjunction with GOCOR, Marketing, Media, and Technology departments and our on-site stakeholders.
- Direct and oversee events planning and implementation of WTC complex events with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct briefings with various senior PA executives and Board members.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Superior leadership abilities acquired through demonstrated record of increasingly responsible positions.
- Progressively responsible experience at an executive level capacity, preferably working for an organization comparable to the size and complexity of the operation in the World Trade Center Department.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: facility operations, facility management, operations, planning, property management and contract managem ent.
- A credible record of achievement, performance, and accomplishment in partnering with others, such as business associates, government agencies/officials, local community leaders, and other stakeholders to achieve results and common ends.
- Demonstrated ability to safely manage and maintain an operating facility as well as maintain and implement real estate agreements and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and business plans to achieve department and agency goals and understand the impact on stakeholders.
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with staff at all levels, including agency senior staff, supporting departments, consultants and other governmental agencies.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills as evidenced by creative solutions to new or emerging matters and/or the timely resolution of conflicts and settling disputes.
- Strong transactional, analytical and negotiating skills.
- Proven track record to perform effectively under pressure and to resolve conflict situations constructively.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey