Patient Accounts Collector
The Plus Group Atwater, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Client in Atwater is hiring for a Patient Accounts Collector!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain confidentiality pertaining to patient care.
· Maintain telephone etiquette with patients and public.
· Demonstrates cooperation/teamwork by participating in achieving team as well as departmental goals.
· Follow Policies.
· Must successfully complete front office certification training, i.e. Patient Registration, Insurance Billing Group, Patient Account Ledger and Eligibility.
· Update and maintain patient demographic and billing record database.
· Demonstrate knowledge of Insurance Payer types, i.e. Financial Class and Insurance carriers.
· Demonstrates knowledge of proper coding and processing of in-coming Explanation of Benefits and Remittance Advice from payers
· Demonstrates good judgment and decision making on claims follow-up. Ability to process the required number of claims per work week.
· Correct failed claims edits. Demonstrates ability to re-open failed claims daily.
· Write off account balances exceeding specific programs bill limitation.
· Demonstrates ability to identify correct billing.
· Demonstrates ability to determine account credit balances and the proper correction process.
· Demonstrates ability to coordinate patient payment plans and follow-up.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of electronic claims submission and electronic remittance download.
· Demonstrates ability to act as trainer/mentor to Patient Account Representative and Patient Account Biller.
· Demonstrates self-motivation to work independently with minimal work instruction.
· Assist in other job duties assigned.
· Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push up to 100 pounds (on wheels).
· Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to clients and staff.
· Must have good vision.
· Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, and have flexibility.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in office/medical billing including at least 1 year of experience as a Patient Accounts Biller or equivalent
· Knowledge of photocopy machines, fax machines, calculators, and computers.
· General knowledge of office procedures.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
· Ability to discuss financial matters with patients.
· General knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
· General knowledge of International Classification of Disease (ICD-9)
· Knowledge of Commercial, Medi-Cal, Medicare and 3rd party billing and collection.
The Plus GroupWhy Work Here?
The Plus Group specializes in finding the match with growing organizations who value their employees!
Founded in 1992, The Plus Group, Inc. (TPG) is a full service customer focused staffing company Headquartered in Woodridge, Illinois with 3 offices in California. With more than 28 years of experience exceeding our customers’ expectations, TPG provides traditional temporary staffing, permanent placement, managed contract services and professional employer organization (PEO) services. TPG is the proud recipient of the Best of Staffing® for both Client & Associate Diamond Award from Inavero’s 2020!
HealthcareView all jobs at The Plus Group