Health Information Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Researches and answers any questions/correspondence on a patient's PHI in a timely and professional manner and regarding patient confidentiality.
• Using proper phone etiquette answers all incoming calls by 3rd ring and distributes calls as appropriate including message taking and distribution.
• Input all initialed paper Personal Health Info into chart or scans all PHI into EHR for electronic signature
• Makes Personal Health Info available for review by authorized personnel, department, or contracted external entity.
• Files charts or monitors open encounters in Electronic Health Records for completion according to established procedures.
• Accesses, reviews and updates the next day charts according to established procedures
• Releases personal health information as authorized by the patient or appropriate authority according to established procedures and HIPPA guidelines
• Accesses archived records and archives older records according to established procedures
• Maintains neat and organized work area with appropriate labeling of temporary files and to be filed documents as needed.
KNOWLEDGE: Basic medical front office practices, basic computer operations, knowledge of EMR softwares.
SKILLS: Strong typing skills, strong written and verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
· GED or High School Diploma
Must be able to provide immunization (shot) record to make sure you have all the necessary immunizations to work in a healthcare environment OR be willing to get them.
- Flu shot (Oct - June)
- TB (PPD) within the last 6 months
The Plus GroupWhy Work Here?
The Plus Group specializes in finding the match with growing organizations who value their employees!
Founded in 1992, The Plus Group, Inc. (TPG) is a full service customer focused staffing company Headquartered in Woodridge, Illinois with 3 offices in California. With more than 30 years of experience exceeding our customers’ expectations, TPG provides traditional temporary staffing, permanent placement, managed contract services and professional employer organization (PEO) services. TPG is the proud recipient of the Best of Staffing® for both Client & Associate Diamond Award from Inavero’s 2022!