The Patient Services Representative (PSR) is responsible for politely greeting patients, data entry into the practice management and other data systems; and monitoring various statistical and informational reports. The PSR duties are shared and involve tasks associated with efficient flow of patients, such as answering phones, making appointments, and registering patients.
Patient Service Rep Job Responsibilities:
· Schedule patient appointments and make reminder calls.
· Obtain patient address, contact details, insurance information and medical history.
· Greet and direct patients to examination rooms.
· Verify patient’s insurance coverage and collect co-payments.
· Process credit card payments and balance daily cash deposits.
· Maintain patient data up-to-date and verify patient information at every visit.
· Work under the guidance of Supervisor and follow departmental policies and procedures.
· Escalate patient’s unusual behavior to Supervisor.
· Inform patients about delays and waiting times.
· Review patient accounts, identify delinquent accounts and collect due amounts.
· Attend educational trainings for professional development.
· Respond to patient queries and concerns in a professional manner.
· Stay updated with information regarding insurance programs and funding sources.
· Assist patients in filling patient consent forms and payment contract forms.
· Screen patients for financial assistance and assist them in preparing required funding documentations.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
· Completed Externship or basic medical front office practices
· Must be bilingual – English/Spanish
The Plus Group
Why Work Here?Founded in 1992, The Plus Group, Inc. (TPG) is a full service customer focused staffing company Headquartered in Woodridge, Illinois with 3 offices in California. With more than 28 years of experience exceeding our customers’ expectations, TPG provides traditional temporary staffing, permanent placement, managed contract services and professional employer organization (PEO) services. TPG is the proud recipient of the Best of Staffing® for both Client & Associate Diamond Award from Inavero’s 2020!
The Plus Group specializes in finding the match with growing organizations who value their employees!