!! ROLE BASED AT MCKELLAR/SIPES IN JACKSON, TN !!
Essential Position Functions:
- Works within the Pictsweet Aviation Department to maintain a culture of safety with efficient procedures that support customer service
- Retains final authority for the safe operation of the aircraft when assigned as PIC
- Insures Airworthiness of the aircraft before each flight
- Ensures that flight crewmembers understand fully and completely what duties they are expected to perform
- Makes decisions as necessary to start, delay, divert, or cancel a flight. Communicates these decisions to the appropriate individuals (Aviation Manager, Chief Pilot, Scheduler, Lead Passenger) as soon as practical.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of flight “plans” considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise data, airport facilities and navigation aids
- Performs task associated with operating the aircraft while away from home base
- Ensures that all federal and state regulations and company policies are complied with
- Reports known or suspected FAA violations or incidents promptly to the Chief Pilot
- Ensures required passenger ground handling and transportation is in place
- Completes relevant trip paperwork
- Orders and receives fuel deliveries
- Fuels aircraft at home base
- Performs collateral duties as assigned
Purpose and objective of this position
The Captain, when assigned as the PIC, is responsible for the safe operation of Company aircraft.
- ATP with multi engine land rating.
- 4000 hours total flight time
- 1000 hours multi engine turbine.
- Restricted Radio Telephone Operator Permit.
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Meet company psychological and physical fitness standards.
- English proficient.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Drivers License
- Bachelor’s degree
Physical Environment Factors:
- Requires medium to heavy lifting
- Will sit for extended periods of time
- Extensive travel required