MUST HAVE STUDENT HOUSING OR LONG TERM APARTMENT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE, PLEASE READ BELOW.
500+ units / 1000 + beds
The Portfolio Manager Analyst is charged with the analysis and day-to-day implementation of those policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed, well maintained building (s) and communities, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the company goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Property and Maintenance
· Ensure communities are maintained and in stellar condition at all times
· Analyze onsite issues and changing needs of property and provide suggestions for most effective use of budgeted and/or allotted funds.
· Review completed Work Orders for timely and efficient completion, verify costs of services and goods are appropriate.
· Review capital expenditure needs and bring to the attention of supervisor for additional direction
· Respond to all emergencies utilizing a shared rotating schedule with other Property Managers (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
· Occasional weekend work required between June and August during Student Turnover.
· Work closely with Property Managers, Turnover Manager and Facilities Department to prepare and manage summer turnover for assigned portfolio
· Collect rents and other fees in accordance with lease agreements
· Follow procedures outlined in lease agreement for late rent collections and work with tenant attorney to timely process legal proceedings
· Recommend changes to rents and fees in accordance with market conditions
· Review and analyze monthly financial statements
· Make collection attempts on delinquent accounts to reduce & maintain outstanding collections
· Prepare monthly variance reports and owner reports
· Make purchases within budgetary guidelines with approval for exceptions made by supervisor
· Develop annual property management operating budget
· Examine all contracts for goods and services. Authorize contracts in accordance to MSC policies and procedures and in accordance with budgetary guidelines
· Identify and correct potential liability issues
· Minimize risk exposure and loss
· Participate in Company safety program,
· Ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations
· Efficient management of timelines
· Use strong problem solving, analytical and statistical skills
· Communicate clearly both in verbal and written formats
· Organize large amounts of data, prioritize and complete tasks to maximize the total time available. Identify areas to streamline processes by challenging the status quo.
· Analyze all PM job functions including reports, policies, and procedures to create best practices. Suggest changes and improvements to all processes, reports, etc., where better options are available.
· Analyze Property Management systems to create maximum efficiency, reducing redundant and unnecessary work for PM staff.
· Problem Solving Ability - Ability to process problems and recommend sound solutions in an expedited manner. Calm and intelligent crisis manager. Self-motivated and independent thinker
· Financial Analysis Acumen - Keen financial analysis skills. The ability to apply the concepts used to make economic decisions, key accounting, financial, analysis or investment valuation concepts used in operating activities. Strong financial and property management capabilities
· Professional and Technical Knowledge - Ability to follow and enforce policies and procedures. Understanding and utilizing policies, procedures, technology, regulations, stakeholder interests, as well as economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose and identify key issues, when developing strategies and plans.
· Interpersonal Relationship Skills - Ability to establish and maintain relationships with employees, business partners, and management team. Energetic and fun to work with.
· Collaboration Skills - Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a group of individuals.
· Must be professional, reliable, responsive to feedback, detailed oriented and maintain a positive attitude
· Computer Proficiency - Experience with MRI, or similar Property Management software. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to quickly grasp new software programs
Supervise Turnover Analysts
Frequently indoors. Often outdoors during all weather conditions. Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc. during or after make-ready process of apartments