- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You have a talent for volunteer engagement, incredible written and verbal communication skills, and a knack for networking. You enjoy recruiting mission-aligned volunteers and supporting them to be a part of successful events and programs. You are passionate about recovery from substance use disorder and believe in the power of community. You care about helping to reduce the stigmas around living sober. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
This role will direct development efforts in California, as well as Nevada and Arizona as needed, and will focus on identifying, cultivating, and stewarding high-capacity donors, as well as building relationships with foundations and helping to evolve fundraising systems. The ideal candidate will have experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds. This position is this is a mostly remote, but we are seeking someone with a deep knowledge of philanthropy in the Los Angeles area. If you're excited about working in a dynamic, creative, and fast-paced environment that promotes personal and professional growth, we want to talk to you!
- Maintain a strong volunteer program including recruiting, retaining, and assisting in the onboarding of new volunteers
- Coordinate appreciation and training events while regularly evaluating culture, assessing talent, and providing feedback to volunteers
- Utilize various technology platforms for communication including email, virtual meeting platforms, and other Microsoft Office programs
- Commute regularly for local events and trainings along with minimal statewide and national travel
- Work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of relevant experience (volunteer management, event planning, project coordination, etc.)
- Excellent people skills with an aptitude for assessing talent and having coaching conversations where needed
- Organizational and calendar management skills, as well as adaptability
- Strong networking and communication skills
- A self-starter mindset, humility, and integrity
- Proficiency with technology
We welcome all great applicants to apply even if you don't have all these preferred attributes
- Lived experience as a peer in recovery
- Experience or interest in leading outdoor activities, especially rock climbing
- Relevant professional or personal connections in the recovery space
- Fluency in two or more languages (Spanish preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite technology
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $48,000-$55,000 annually
- 403(b) retirement plan with 4% match
- Paid time off (vacation/sick days/skill enhancement days)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
The Phoenix's mission is to build a sober active community that fuels resilience and harnesses the transformational power of connection so that together we rise, recover, and live. Through activities such as CrossFit, climbing, hiking, yoga, boxing, and meditation, participants build confidence, self-respect, and community. The Phoenix offers free programs for anyone with 48 hours of sobriety, operating in 129 counties across 36 states and for people around the globe virtually. Since 2006, we have served 104,297 individuals.
At The Phoenix, we welcome people from all backgrounds and strive to create a healing-centered environment that allows everyone to bring their authentic selves to the workplace. We seek to create a workplace environment that accurately reflects the diverse communities we serve. We understand that voices of varied experiences and perspectives are central to our mission and our impact. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
The Phoenix - Sober Active Community
AddressManitou Springs, CO
Non ProfitView all jobs at The Phoenix - Sober Active Community