The Quality Document Control Clerk "TQS Coordinator" at The Phoenix Group is primarily responsible for the independent and proactive maintenance of the customer's quality management system. They will be working shoulder to shoulder with customers to maintain quality documentation, required paperwork, and ensure compliance with internal and external quality auditing entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the department's Quality Assurance Representative.
- Assist department personnel in regard to quality system problems, as they occur, and advise management when they are in need of assistance.
- Effectively communicate and gather appropriate acknowledgment of quality system additions/revisions for all required department personnel.
- Maintain, audit, review, and revise all department documents, procedure books, standards, IPS, references, indexes, forms, etc. and know at any time the status of the location, revision date, and review date of any document.
- Maintain all department records per their required retention and storage requirements.
- Know the location and maintain all procedure books throughout the department with the latest revision of documents assigned to every book.
- Based on management's input, create, update, and write various letters/reports/procedures with minimal oversight.
- Explain and demonstrate quality system requirements to department personnel and visitors (customers, auditors).
- Utilize the computer software systems to control department documents and other systems for document workflow as directed by management.
- Utilize working knowledge of the Quality Standard (ISO/TS 16949) to ensure that department procedures are not in conflict with any Standard requirements.
- Update/maintain all technical specifications as necessary; cross-reference them to QSOPs where applicable.
- Prepares for and participates in various internal and 3rd party audits. Be prepared to answer questions and provide evidence during an audit.
- Perform routine audits as defined/necessary (i.e. process, product/coil ID, scrap, inventory, maintenance, environmental).
- Must maintain a valid driver's license in order to operate vehicles on customer property.
- 1+ years' working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in a manufacturing environment:
- Exposure to both extreme heat and cold conditions
- Both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Exposure to sounds and smells associated with a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds unassisted, and 5-10 lbs on a regular basis
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong understanding of customer service (we are a service provider to our customers).
- Acute attention to detail
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
The Phoenix Group works hard to create a culture that recognizes the unique importance of our people and provides a special environment that promotes our values (we have 5 of them, see below). We want our people to truly believe that they have never worked for a better organization.
- Serving others in the best way possible is, to us, the most important measure of our success. Our families, our clients, our company and employees, and our communities are our mission field.
- We believe that fair, honest, transparent, straight forward are the right adjectives to define our success
- In every community where we do business, we are active in giving back and making a difference.
- We strive to do the job well, the first time, and efficiently. We own and learn from our mistakes, and we correct them. Our goal is to serve our customers in a way that helps them succeed and makes them raving fans.
- Phoenix is a team of people who genuinely care about each other and who are passionate about building a future by working well together.
The Phoenix Group