Our client of 18 years who is a large financial insurance company in Troy, is looking to add several people to their Call Center team. The Call Center team members are responsible for handling incoming phone calls, utilizing company policies to solve customer concerns and directing calls to the managerial team when necessary. Call Center Agents are often the first point of contact for customer’s inquiry requiring quick and accurate decisions and a focus on first call resolution.
Candidates will be provided a series of tests to assess speed and accuracy of data entry, and customer service skills, along with proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Prior to starting candidates are required to take a drug test and a criminal background check.
Pay Rate for the Customer Advocate is $14.00 to $16.00 per hour. Work hours 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
This is a work from home position for the time being
Premium paid for bilingual (Spanish) candidates.
This is a contract to hire opportunity starting once hired directly with the company you will receive great benefits.
Call Center Agent Job Duties:
- Administer and resolve all customers’ inquiries
- Provide response to all incoming telephone queries received from customers in timely and professional manner
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task between various software programs
- Problem solving and problem resolutions skills
- Handle questions and complaints in compliance with state regulations where applicable
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all other internal and external customers
- Solid analytical skills
Call Center Agent Job Requirements:
- Strive to exceed customer expectations. Effectively elicit first-hand customer information and use it to resolve their queries.
- Possess the ability to solve problems and understand complex and unfamiliar information.
- Ability to readily learn and apply new information and skills on the job.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit a willingness to try new things.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills.
- Editing work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure standards are achieved.
- Possess the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and can be flexible with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Customer Service Skills Needed:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Problem solving skills
- Empathy for clients
- Call Center skills
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
The Phillip Charles Group has been serving the local metro Detroit area for the past 30 years and has built incredibly strong partnerships with our clients, candidates and employees.
Call Center Agent Benefits Once a Direct Employee of our Client will include:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Account (for healthcare etc.)
- 401K with a 4% Match
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,000 per year)
- Paid Time off
- Sick Pay
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
Powered by JazzHR
The Phillip Charles Group