Traffic and Signal Project Manager
The Perillo Group Alexandria, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently looking for an experienced Traffic and Signals Project Manager for a civil firm in the Greater Alexandria, Virginia area. Successful candidate will have experience providing consulting services to diverse clientele including federal, state, county, city and private entities with a successful track record of providing services including traffic engineering, traffic analysis, roadway design, transportation planning, and land use planning functions.
- Coordinate, manage, and review traffic operations analyses such as traffic impact studies, corridor studies, intersection analyses, and safety studies.
- Coordinate, manage, and review the development of conceptual, preliminary and final traffic engineering designs such as signing and pavement markings, lighting, ITS, and traffic signals.
- Prepare and manage staff hour estimates, concept reports and project scopes.
- Perform traffic operations analysis, traffic simulation modeling and traffic forecasting.
- Prepare plans, specifications and inspection reports.
- Calculate quantity estimates in connection with the traffic aspects of road construction.
- Perform field investigations and inspections and evaluate existing conditions on signing, pavement marking, traffic signals, ITS, and lighting.
- Participate in strategic planning and business development activities to support achievement of company growth goals.
- Meet schedule milestones, budget constraints and quality benchmarks on assigned projects and tasks.
- Creating proposals for clients.
- Client coordination, including phone calls, emails, conference calls, meetings, reports to keep clients up to date of project progress.
- Staff management and training.
- Bachelor' s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 8+ years of traffic engineering experience.
- Must have a Virginia PE or a PE from another state.
- Committed to quality assessment and quality control procedures.
- Understanding of traffic operations and design principles and familiarity with pertinent national, state, local (preferred), and industry standards.
- Ability to form and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Ability to effectively train and mentor staff.
- Experience with SYNCHRO, HCS and other related software preferred.
- Experience with design software (AutoCAD, MicroStation) would be a plus.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) Certification preferred.