ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Complete repairs and facility rehabilitation, including interior and exterior facility grounds, buildings and equipment.
2. Implement a system for cleaning, repair, and maintenance of facilities and ensure that all requests are completed within industry standards (24 hours for an emergency request and 10 days for a routine request)
3. Implement a schedule of regular evaluation and preventative maintenance/repair tasks of the facilities ensuring the safety of the buildings from fire, flood, and other hazards.
4. Review operation and condition of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and other essential systems and equipment on a continuous basis to minimize unplanned downtime solve problems in a timely manner and identify areas in need of improvement.
5. Maintain accurate records of the condition of systems, equipment in all buildings, and inspections; prepare monthly reports on facilities conditions, inspections, and work orders completed.
6. Maintain inventory of supplies and tools.
7. Assist with set-up and clean-up of major events and with the pick-up, loading, and unloading of supplies and donations.
8. Communicate regularly with all members of the team, to ensure effective two- way communication concerning maintenance issues.
9. Implement policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies, equipment, and maintenance.
1. Minimum Five years’ experience as a hands-on Facilities Maintenance worker in a commercial building, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Able to accurately diagnose and correct problems with plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems
3. Able to perform routine commercial building maintenance tasks in a timely manner, including but not limited to light construction, structural repair, and scheduled preventative maintenance
4. Computer literate.
5. Current, valid California Driver License with an acceptable driving record.
6. Effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
7. Self-starter with the ability to stay ahead of the curve and thrive in a fast-paced work environment 8. Working knowledge of workplace safety and illness and injury prevention practices.