Assistant Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1838, The Pennington School is an independent, coeducational school serving day and boarding students in grades 6 through 12. Total student enrollment is approximately 525, of which 25% are boarding students.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Director of Operations, reporting directly to the Director of Operations, to work closely with our team of maintenance, grounds, and operations employees in the supervision and management of operations including electrical, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, and mechanical systems; to provide general facility maintenance for corrective, emergency maintenance, and preventive maintenance work; to execute grounds maintenance and set-ups; and other assigned maintenance operations. These may encompass building renovations, government compliance, HVAC-control systems, chiller maintenance, space planning, and special projects. This position also assists the Director with the development and management of associated budgets as well as asset and supply inventories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate facility maintenance work, including HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, construction/renovation, grounds, and general building maintenance
- Work as lead in snow-removal operations
- Perform work duties often as a hands-on member of the team while supervising staff for the above-mentioned work
- Work as lead in the planning and execution of event setups, meeting with various School employees in order to meet expectations of the School's event requestors/coordinators
- Assist and occasionally lead meetings consisting of Operations, Safety, Budget, Grounds Committee and other meetings in the absence of the Director of Operations
- Maintain staffing requirements and the scheduling of work
- Tour and inspect the facility for the purpose of coordinating quality assurance in maintenance operations, safety, and appearance of grounds to include work order follow-up and preventive maintenance operations
- Assist in the preparation and management of an annual budget for the Operations Department
- Formulate and manage preventive maintenance program for all building systems and equipment, ensuring that the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) is kept operational and current to include all associated data basis and report functions
- Implement and keep current a cost-effective and efficient maintenance program for the facility and grounds (including vehicles), which includes but is not limited to corrective work, emergency work, and preventive maintenance
- Supervise the procurement and maintenance of equipment
- Support all campus events and activities and ensure the facility meets the required needs for students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- As an essential employee, the candidate must be available 24/7 for emergencies or scheduled work, including weekends and holidays, in all weather conditions.
- Technical degree and a minimum of three-plus years of supervisory experience
- Essential skills and advanced knowledge in building operations, preventive maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical and fire systems are required.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with people and to prioritize multiple projects.
The working environment is an office and school environment on a 55-acre campus. The ability to occasionally lift items, walk up and down stairs, attend meetings in varying locations throughout campus, and continually use technology and related office equipment is required. Not all buildings on campus have elevators.
This position is a full-time, 12-month position exempt from overtime. The candidate must be available for occasional weekend and evening work as needed for School events and projects outside of normal work hours.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements at https://pennington.isolvedhire.com
The Pennington School
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Pennington School