The Pendas Law Firm, P.A. is currently seeking a full time experienced (bilingual) Litigation Paralegal. This position will assist the attorney in all aspects of preparation for personal injury litigation from case inception through closing. This position is responsible for the coordination of all correspondence, research, scheduling, and client communications necessary for each case.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Draft routine or complex legal documents for review and use by attorneys
• Conduct legal research and investigations as needed
• Schedule hearings and depositions
• Prepare documents and responses to discovery requests
• Organize and maintain personal injury files
• Obtain medical records as needed
• Conduct investigations and interviews with clients
• Prepare assistance in preparation for trial, depositions, or meditations
• Client communication
• Coordinate duties with legal assistant for closings
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
• Bi-lingual English and Spanish (required)
• 3 + years paralegal experience (preferred)
• Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook), E-Filing Portal, and law office management software
• Must be well organized and self-motivated
• Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Previous experience in a fast pace and high volume personal injury law office preferred
• Should have working knowledge of law office procedures and local court rules and procedures
Work hours: 8:30am-5:00pm
Benefits: 100% paid medical (employee only), generous PTO and company matched retirement plan. In addition, employees can elect optional dental, vision, long term disability, short term disability, and hospital confinement at group rate discount.
Our firm operates with the collaboration of our team of trial lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and support staff. Each attorney has extensive knowledge and experience in one or more practice areas of the firm. Our attorneys have a proven track record of top legal representation for victims of personal injuries including auto accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, products liability, nursing home negligence, slip & falls, and wrongful death. Our firm is recognized for its professionalism and dedication to our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other protected classification under federal and state law.