Desktop Support Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 to $30 Hourly
We are Peak Systems a technology staffing and managed services consulting firm connecting technical consultants with various industry opportunities. Technicians who join us may receive new certifications for working with our clients; we issue payments weekly, offer direct deposit, and have many nationwide opportunities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an onsite Desktop Support technician!
This opening is at a stable, professional, fortune 500 company, that is a great place to grow, build your skills, and boost your tech skills and resume.
We are looking for a desktop support technician with experience in handling banking & finance domain customer and trading floor support experience. Candidate should at least have 2-3 years of experience in building laptops and desktops using Microsoft Intune/ Autopilot environment.
- Drive high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Manage incident and service request queues to ensure SLAs are met.
- Provide hands on resolution of 1st to 3rd line software and hardware incidents.
- Work with offshore capabilities to deliver efficient and effective service
- Initiate service improvements to the overall service, Create & maintain knowledge repository documentation.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Install Standard SOE Image on Desktops and Laptops.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair desktop/laptop issues (both hardware/ software), configure, and troubleshoot Smart phones issues.
- Basic troubleshooting of Data network/ Telephony devices/ Projectors/ Printers & Meeting room facilitation.
- Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and Standard applications.
- VIP ticket handling & IT Asset management. ITIL processes knowledge with SOP documentation.
- Ability to Evaluate and test new technology for feasibility and implementation within IT Environment.
- Coordinate efforts with 3rd party vendors to repair faulty hardware.
- Physical move of asset between IT stock location, periodic asset audit & CMDB update.
- Provide remote support for users across locations. (Home based users)
- Coordinate with Offshore support teams to discuss and address operational issues.
- Auto pilot (Intune) device management
- Hardware VPN expertise (Cisco Meraki)
- ServiceNow based ITSM & Asset management experience.
- Minimum 2-year experience in Data Centre Operations and good knowledge in Networking concepts.
- Previous Desktop/laptop Support in a corporate environment
- Thorough knowledge of technical equipment handling, deployment, installation, servicing, and configuration of desktop, laptop PC and peripherals
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds of technical equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and follow up
- Availability to work Full Time (Monday through Friday daytime work hours)
- Take part in change management activities & flexible to work during non-business hours for high priority work on demand.
- A+ or Network + or other certifications a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills
***Interested candidates should apply for immediate consideration**
Our work is fast-paced, interactive, and hands –on and we offer opportunities for advancement and growth.
The Peak Organization
AddressSan Francisco, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?