Research Engineer, Electronics - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you a hands on engineer that has designed ruggedized commercial or military grade communications and/or sensors? Do you have current hands on electronic design and development experience?
Yes to both? Please continue!
We are seeking a Research Engineer, Electronics, who will bring significant expertise in electronics design and firmware development to our growing team. You’ll have the opportunity and responsibility to develop and bring to market wearable electronic systems that enhance human effectiveness by reducing size and weight impacts to the user. You’ll be proud to deliver innovative new solutions along with a passionate and driven team to create the next generation of wearable and portable electronics products.
Your role will be to perform digital electronic prototyping and new product development including design, development, integration, and test, particularly in the area of embedded C firmware implementation on microcontrollers. The tasks will also include simulation, testing, and hands-on troubleshooting with hardware and test equipment in the lab. Development and documentation will be performed in a fast-paced development environment in accordance with project team objectives, requirements, and schedules. You should bring expertise in programming in embedded C for microprocessors. Specific emphasis on low power, embedded firmware implementation on real-time operating systems for portable and wearable electronic devices. Experience in C++ and/or digital firmware development in VHDL/Verilog are a plus, including FPGA tools (e.g., Xilinx ISE, Vivado). Experience in digital hardware design using ECAD tools for schematics and PCB layout (e.g., Altium Designer, OrCAD), also a plus.
More Great Things You Get To Do:
- Lead rapid prototyping including design, development, and implementation of electronics embedded firmware solutions.
- Perform end-to-end development including design, implementation, integration, and laboratory testing of prototypes and integrated wearable electronics products.
- Execute technical tasks of simulation, selection, modification, integration, and test of components.
- Interact with internal technical supporting team, technology vendors, and service providers in selecting, evaluating, and/or fabricating system components.
- Provide technical write-ups and documentation.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility
- Expertise in portable electronics development, sensors, military and/or consumer product development and testing, and/or wearable electronics.
- Experience in C Code Programming and Development for Microprocessors
- Exposure to circuit design and schematic capture
- Knowledge of FPGA (VHDL, Verilog) is a big plus
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Physics, plus 4 years of hands-on electronic firmware
*U.S. Citizenship is required. You must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.