Firmware Engineer – Dynamic and Innovative Growing Company
Work for one of the most innovative leading manufacturer of data acquisition systems and sensors for product and safety testing. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
- Designs and manufactures miniature data recorders and sensors for critical testing in automotive safety, aerospace, blast, sports and injury biomechanics.
- With nearly 30 years in business that employs almost 100 awesome and talented people and highly accomplished engineers.
- Inc. Magazine has also named the company three times as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S
- Known for innovative data acquisition systems, along with exceptional service and technical support. As the prime contractor on the U.S. Army and company helped develop the first blast test dummy designed for vertical load testing.
- U.S. Headquartered in Seal Beach, California, with technical centers and sales offices worldwide
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Excellent work/life balance with Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Casual Dress
- Competitive Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Basic Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Relocation assistance available and bonuses available for qualified individuals.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you looking for a growing innovative and exciting environment to work in and a great company to work for?
Are you an experienced Firmware Engineering with experience implementing, troubleshooting, developing, testing, consulting, and collaborating tasks on new products and more?
Yes to both, please read on!
As the Firmware Engineer is responsible for performing a wide variety of implementing, troubleshooting, developing, testing, consulting, and collaborating tasks, including but not limited to implementing firmware in new products, sustaining existing products, troubleshoot hardware/firmware problems, developing automated test procedures, providing technical support, collaborating with engineers and consulting with customers.
Sounds cool doesn’t it!
Other awesome things you will get to do:
- Design and implement firmware for new products and sustain existing products
- Troubleshoot hardware/firmware problems; finding root-cause, proposing solutions, and/or making recommendations for improvements
- Develop and maintain build and automated test procedures
- Perform/Support firmware testing and verification; develop test scripts
- Work with technicians, engineering, and consultant staff as needed
- Provide support to Technical Support staff and select customers
- Present internal training to support and sales staff
- May require some domestic and international travel
- Seal Beach, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of beach towns in which to live in 2019 in the USA. (based on factors including quality of life, education, health, economy, affordability, safety, and weather).
- Excellent public schools and a small town community feel.
- Located right on the ocean and next to Long Beach and Huntington Beach, CA. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise in peripheral interface Ethernet TCP/IP, USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, ADC and DAC
- 4 + years of experience in firmware/board level development in C and RTOS environment.
- Experience with FreeRTOS, Python, C#, Linux, VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with ARM Cortex Mx, MSP430F, IAR Embedded Workbench, IEEE 1588, IRIG-106-chapter 10 a plus.
- Exposure to analog and digital circuits and data acquisition design principals.
- Knowledge of documenting the code and presenting/driving a code design review.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
*US Citizen or US Legal Resident are required for this position. Equal Opportunity Employer.