Special Education Paraeducator - Community Support Staff
The Pathways Schools Silver Spring, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
UNIQUE position offering therapeutic and educational services to students individually in the community
High school educational-therapeutic program for students with emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Work with one or two students as a teacher/tutor, mentor and job coach.
- Coordinate lesson plans with certified special education teachers.
- Coordinate behavioral support with licensed therapists at the school site.
- Work with the student primarily in the community, which requires driving to homes and community settings throughout the local area.
MUST be willing transport students in own vehicle AND have an insured vehicle, valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Bachelor’s Degree in education or a related field (such as criminal justice or psychology) is required.
- Experience with young adults in individual or group settings is preferred.
- Other essential abilities and characteristics include dependability and patience.
The Pathways SchoolsWhy Work Here?
Small, supportive environment with flexibility and a creative, compassionate attitude.
The Pathways Schools operate four therapeutic educational programs in Maryland's Anne Arundel, Montgomery, and Prince George's counties for students aged 11-21 who have emotional and behavioral disabilities. Each school program features individualized education, small class size, strong therapeutic and administrative support, and a team/community approach.
801 University Blvd. WestSilver Spring, MD