The Painter/Drywall Repair Technician is primarily responsible for repairing drywall and adding or matching texture, removing popcorn texture, skim coating, and small drywall hanging jobs. Travel is required to customer's residence or business and includes the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Receive directions and priorities from the Owner regarding jobs.
- Ensure that all flooring, walls, ceilings, and room furnishings are protected by spreading drop cloths and covering surfaces such as baseboards, door frames and windows with masking tape, painter's plastic, and paper to protect surfaces.
- Responsible for filling holes or cracks, repairing tape splits, blending texture, and sanding.
- Responsible for removal of popcorn texture from ceilings and repairing necessary areas.
- Responsible for completing all sheetrock or plaster repairs. Responsible for completing all painting duties (when required) providing a clean, attractive finished product in a reasonable time frame.
- Ensure that all flooring and room furnishing are protected by spreading drop cloths and covering surfaces such as baseboards, door frames and windows with masking tape, and paper to protect surfaces.
- Perform all work under safety procedures as dictated by work performed (i.e., protective gear such as gloves, shoes, eye shields, etc.)
- Be particularly cautious of carpet spills and clean area accordingly.
- In all contact with customers, employee must interact with a cheerful greeting and a pleasant and helpful attitude.
- Maintain tools and equipment in clean, proper working order, keep customer's location clean and safe, and delay all tool cleanup until off premises.
- Communicate with Owner regularly on needs for paint, supplies, etc., to maintain appropriate stock.
- Arrive promptly at jobs and work efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years’ experience with drywall finishing and texturing.
- Understanding of paint preparation (taping, sanding, sheetrock repair).
- Good safety habits.
- Neat appearance and good communication skills.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Thorough, reliable, responsible, honest, organized, flexible, and service oriented.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current driver's license and dependable transportation
Own set of drywall tools