The GL Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures in analyzing financial information, preparing accurate and timely financial reports; ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures, and executing routine and recurring accounting functions for The Pasha Group and affiliates.
Goals & Objectives:
- Complete routine and recurring accounting assignments for relevant Business Units (BUs).
- Ensure effectiveness of internal controls, and accuracy of financial transactions and balances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of the general ledger data for the assigned BUs and performing recurring routine and moderately complex accounting functions.
- Prepare and post journal entries, including invoices, accruals and cash transactions.
- Responsible for month-end close process.
- Review and verify accuracy of account balances and classifications.
- Analyze changes in account balances and make recommendations to correct errors as appropriate.
- Maintain supporting schedules and reports related to amortization, accruals, and related recurring accounting activities.
- Identify process and control improvement opportunities and discuss with direct managers to implement the appropriate modifications.
- Summarize and present results to mangers as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent combination of coursework and experience in directly-related field required
- 4 + years of accounting experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- Experience with transportation industry, manufacturing, or supply chain accounting practices preferred
Key Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements:
- MAS 500 or equivalent.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities as assigned.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities, and to manage and clearly communicate deadline risks as new tasks and projects arise.
- Good understanding of accounting policies and recent changes
- Ability to accomplish objectives with moderate daily direction from manager.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including intermediate Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Quantitative and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills with aptitude for recognizing errors with attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and verbal and written communication skills.
- Engages and Inspires Others – leads with energy, self-confidence and understanding in ways that motivate colleagues to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Delivers Results – rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organization performance.
- Makes Sound Business Decisions – makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
- Focuses on the Customer and Market – continuously evaluates what is important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
Physical Demands, Work Environment & Travel:
- Functions in an office environment. Travel is not generally required.
The Pasha Group is an EOE/AA Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/and other Protected Categories.