- Inspect, maintain and repair all chassis, refrigerated units, power packs, gensets, transformers and other company equipment as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, brakes, pneumatic and suspension components.
- Diagnose, repair and program refrigeration systems.
- Perform welding and cutting as needed to complete required work.
- Inspect and repair to meet Federal and State DOT Safety Inspection Programs.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Valid CDL License – Type A required.
- Proficient in ARC and MIG and gas welding and the use of a cutting torch.
- ASE Air Brakes and/or Manufacture Air Brakes Trained preferred.
- EPA Refrigerant Certified.
- Able to competently perform job duties described above.
- Available for shift work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have a valid TWIC card.
- Bend, Crouch, Crawl
- Reach, Reach above head
- Climb – stairs, ladders, into/out of vehicles
- Able to board and access relevant areas of a vessel, climb ladders to access hatches
- Lift/Carry objects – up to 100 pounds
- Perform work while standing
- Work in confined spaces
- Turn/move/pull/push objects using moderate force
- Fine manipulation using fingers/tools
- See fine detail, see in low light
- Walk – uneven surfaces, incline/decline
- Work at height – greater than 80 feet above ground
- Able to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.