Care Associate - Call Center, Full Time
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PASADENA HUMANE is a non-profit animal welfare organization looking for passionate professionals to join our team.
To lead the way toward a compassionate and caring community for all animals.
LEARNING: We commit to best practice and professional development through continuous education.
INTEGRITY: We value honest and transparent communication and decision making using evidence based practices.
COLLABORATION: We value teamwork in our organization and partnerships with our community to deliver exceptional service.
KINDNESS: We show compassion, care, respect and empathy to all animals and humans without prejudice or discrimination.
JOB TITLE: CARE ASSOCIATE – Call Center
FT/PT: Full Time
STARTING WAGE $17.14 per hour
As frontline team members, Call Center Associates are responsible for responding to all general inquiries from the public through phone, email, chat and other sources. They support the community by seeking alternatives to intake; offering resources to help keep animals in their homes and out of the shelter; and problem solving. Call Center Associates coordinate with all other departments at the shelter to ensure quality customer care and animal care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Respond to all general inquiries made over the phone, email, or online chat in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish dialogue with members of the public who may want to surrender an animal (pet or wildlife) and determine how we can be of service.
- Proactively seek out and offer alternatives to intake.
- Review all support emails, responding as appropriate, offering resources and solutions, routing to appropriate department or individual when necessary.
- Help Animal Resource Center and Field Services ensure that animal intakes align with Pasadena Humane’s diversion and intervention best practices, policies, and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- High school education required
- Post-secondary education preferred. Work experience will be considered as equivalent to education on a case by case basis
- Two years of experience working in veterinary medicine, animal science, rehabilitation, ecology, agriculture, public health, laboratory animal research, biology or similar field preferred
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have strong pattern recognition skills and attention to detail
- Able to follow written protocols
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated, able to initiate and complete tasks alone or as part of a team
- Computer literate, comfortable working in a paperless environment, able to learn to use new software in a short period of time
- Proficient in computer applications, including the shelter system, Microsoft suite and email.
- Strong sense of professional judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience handling domestic animals and/or wildlife in a medical, zoological, rehabilitation, agricultural or research setting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of normal cat and dog behavior strongly preferred
- Knowledge of wildlife such as species identification, diets, common illnesses and husbandry preferred
- Knowledge of low stress handling and restraint techniques for domestic animals and wildlife preferred
Fast-paced environment. Employees are exposed to numerous animals (living and deceased), including those with uncertain dispositions. They are required to act in a safe and responsible manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Pasadena Humane has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees and Volunteers from the hazard of COVID-19. A COVID-10 Vaccination is a condition of employment including new hires. Pasadena Humane will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities or sincerely
held religious beliefs.
Pasadena Humane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy not to engage in discrimination against any individual, or harassment of any person seeking employment with our organization on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a covered veteran including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, merit increase, salary, training and development, demotion, and separation. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable State and Federal laws. Federal law requires proof of citizenship or "alien right-to-work" status. Pasadena Humane maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
BusinessView all jobs at The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA