Director Upward Bound Fort Bend
The Parris Foundation Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is 100% federally funded
The mission of TPF is to encourage and provide opportunities for youth and the community through scholarship, training, and educational enhancement that facilitate healthy life choices and community development. We accomplish this mission through advocating equal access, victim services, training, educational enhancement, and integrityPOSITION SUMMARY
The Program Director leads, manages, coordinates, and implements the TRIO Upward Bound Program of 60 participants. Federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education, the TRIO Upward Bound Program is designed to generate in participants, the skills and motivation necessary to complete a program of secondary education, as well as enter and graduate post-secondary education.JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate all project programming aligned with the TRIO Upward Bound Plan of Operation (i.e., recruitment and selection of participants, outreach activities, promotional material, program management, assessment, and evaluation)
- Ensure that Upward Bound program meets established objectives within federal guidelines.
- Generate program awareness among all stakeholders (The Parris Foundation, Houston Community College, Fort Bend ISD, and community members)
- Educate school administrators on program services via presentations and collaborations to maintain reciprocal partnerships in a manner that best serves participants
- Develop, manage, and maintain federal funds, financial records, and an annual program budget
- Oversee the planning and implementation of program events and activities with the Parris Foundation (TPF) organization, target school district, target community, community organizations and institutions of higher education.
- Ensures compliance with all federal grant regulations and legislation
- Attend Department of Education professional development offerings- local, state, regional and national training/conferences.
- Provide curriculum development and guidance for academic year and summer component including events and workshops
- Assist in the coordination of data collection, analysis, and reporting, including submission of an annual performance report
- Supervise a team of full-time and part-time employees and develop their project management and leadership skills
- Maintain punctual time and attendance of program staff and monitor/approve time and effort
- Provides recommendations on hiring staff; create work schedule for employees; coach and counsel staff, provide training and professional development for program staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Education and Outreach Services
- Master's degree in education, counseling, public administration, or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum one year of experience in the areas of staff supervision, budget management, program development, and evaluation; and reporting and compliance with federal regulations.
- Minimum two years experience with federal TRiO programs, academic support programs, or similar programs for disadvantaged students.
- Professional or personal experience in overcoming barriers similar to those facing project participants
- Primary Work Location: Works in a climate-controlled office/school environment
- Requires reliable transportation for daily travel to target school sites
- Physical Demands: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment, which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks
- Position does require some heavy lifting
- Primary Schedule Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Some scheduled evenings and/or weekends are required
- Complete Employment Application
- Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcript via application portal
- Application review will begin on September 15, 2021. Applications submitted prior to that time will be given priority.
The Parris Foundation
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at The Parris Foundation