Program Coordinator/Director - Part Time
The Parenting Connection of Monterey Cou Monterey County, CA
- Expired: 19 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PCMC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and promotes and celebrates
authenticity in the workspace. Come as you are!
Job Description: We are looking for a part-time program coordinator or director (depending on experience) who will be responsible for
overseeing the successful planning and completion of parent education and perinatal support services.
Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator oversees program staff and
assigns tasks to fulfill the mission of the agency programs. Additionally, the Program Coordinator
monitors program budgets, ensures data collection for grant reporting and performs outreach duties to
engage with local communities.
PCMC expects this position to grow as programs expand and grow, making this an ideal position for
someone seeking a meaningful position that can provide growth opportunities. Hours are flexible but
will require some weekends to accommodate programs and weekend community outreach.
● Schedule and Supervise the program staff, ensuring effective quality culturally sensitive
implementation of our Parent Education and Postpartum Support programs.
● Work with partners to implement programming and ensure quality execution of all partner
● Under the direction of the Executive Director (ED) open our public classroom in Salinas, schedule
and promote programming to the public, and implement a plan to expand programming.
● Oversee marketing and outreach to the community.
● Under the direction of the ED ensure grant and foundation support through collaboratively
writing, and reporting to funders with program data and evaluation.
● Under the Direction of the ED create a plan for staff growth including interviewing, hiring and
onboarding new staff.
Desired qualifications and experience:
1. Previous experience with educational programming, scheduling, and delivery.
● experience working in Early Childhood Development
● personal experience working with postpartum/perinatal support.
2. Experience in community outreach through social media, public outreach, and working with
partners to develop programmatic opportunities.
● Experience working with South Monterey Communities
● Bilingual English and Spanish or Indigenous Languages.
3. Experience with Excel, Word, and Google Workspace with excellent written communication
● Experience working with online analytics to increase social media impacts
● Website Development Experience.
● Written fluency in Spanish
4. Experience in the nonprofit educational field
● Demonstrated experience in assisting with grant writing
● Experience collecting and collating program data and evaluation for grant
What you will gain:
● Pay Rate is $20 to $25 per hour based on experience/ approx 10 hours a week with the
opportunity to expand hours and programs expand.
● Opportunity to work in a value-driven environment where you are celebrated for your
opinions, experience, and knowledge.
● Gain demonstrated experience working in a start-up environment to build organizational
programs and impact.
● Weekly coaching and mentoring to grow your personal and professional acumen
● Growth opportunities to build your hours and experience.
● Ability to directly impact traditionally underserved communities.
● A flexible schedule that will allow you to work around other life commitments.
● Opportunities for professional growth and development.
Apply Directly through ZipRecruiter
The Parenting Connection of Monterey CouWhy Work Here?
Opportunity to Grow hours and experience as the organization grows. We support staff development.
The Parenting Connection of Monterey County (PCMC) offers support and education to families with infants and children by providing play and learn groups, and parent education through certified Circle of Security educators. In addition, we offer free and bilingual postpartum/maternal mental health support groups for women and caregivers including a Warmline support service.
1212 Riker StMonterey County, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at The Parenting Connection of Monterey Cou