Human Resources Business Partner
The Parent Company Eureka, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Human Resources Business Partner (Sisu Extracts - Eureka, CA)
This position will support Sisu Extracts and will be based in Eureka, CA.
This Human Resources Business Partner role offers both depth, breadth, and a high degree of responsibility in managing the day-to-day human resources initiatives such as integration activities, maintaining and administration of policies and programs. You’ll support management and employees to work towards departmental and company goals. Possess a strong knowledge of multiple facets of Human Resource with an emphasis on Performance Management, Employee Relations and Change Management. Also, you’ll demonstrate a proactive and solution orientation and excel in the competencies of: HR subject matter expertise; accurate, targeted and concise communication; proactive collaboration, and meaningful reporting.
What You'll Do
- Provide top notch customer service by partnering with managers as it relates to: employee relations, performance, compensation, training and development, records management, succession planning, and retention.
- Facilitate and promote a collective team approach that enhances our corporate culture based on company values across the organization.
- Participate and collaborate in the administration, research, development and implementation of human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure compliance and communication of employment standards, legal requirements and advising on needed actions.
- Conduct investigations, recommend progressive discipline in collaboration with managers, and escalate employee relations cases as necessary.
- Document human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Works closely with the HR Director on integrations, day-to-day activities, and support the planning of initiatives, events and projects.
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, delivery and recording of training events.
- Maintain statistics, records, and prepare reports upon request.
- Provide direction on leave and disability programs.
- Establishes clear and stretching goals, communicates and delegates key responsibilities, and actively utilizes all performance, development, and career tools to their full potential.
- Drives positive employee relations and delivers sustainable results through being a positive role model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- BS or BA in business management, organizational development or HR preferred.
- Human Resources Professional certification (PHR) highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in cannabis is preferred
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred but not required
- Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for human resources on site
- Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and time manage.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities.
- Proven leadership and people management experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and working in close proximity with customers and staff.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Frequent travel required to different facilitates and locations throughout assigned area, particularly during peak times.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
The Parent Company is an equal opportunity employer.
The Parent CompanyWhy Work Here?
We are the largest vertically integrated omni-channel cannabis platform in California. Our future is bright!
BusinessView all jobs at The Parent Company