DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
• Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
• Responsible for ensuring that all financial, and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
• Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
• Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
• Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
• Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect associates, guests and company assets.
• Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or associate is injured.
Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record-keeping, and preparation of reports.
• Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team oriented environment
• Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively
• Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency required in reading and writing and mathematics
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, climbing on ladder, and walking long distances.
• Standing for long periods of time and the ability to work in environment with varying temperatures.