DETROIT, MI (work from home)
Our client is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
• To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal ‘stamp’ on their output
• Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
• Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
Our client provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial organization. Our client's continued success in expanding its role across new and current automotive powertrain technology has created an exciting opportunity with the expansion of their sales team into their MI office. As a Sales Engineer you will connect with new and current customers to identify opportunities that best fit our client’s business objectives, technical competencies, and global footprint. Our client’s Sales Engineers are technically astute – they desire to keep their engineering connection alive by working closely with our internal engineering organization as well as our customers. Additionally, they enjoy digging into our customers technical application challenges while also developing strong commercial relationships.
Prospecting new customers and applications. To continue our client’s aggressive growth in the automotive market, the candidate will need to network at existing customers as well as penetrate new ones. The goal is to identify new opportunities for our existing products as well as investigate new applications and products that our client can offer. The role will require extensive customer visits, with particular focus in engineering given their typical product solution is highly engineered and custom designed to a particular application.
Engineering support. This individual will be the face of our client at the customer. It is essential that they can provide engineering support as needed and be a technical conduit between the customer and our client’s engineering team. The capability to understand a customer’s technical needs and effectively communicate our client’s solution is essential.
Commercial Accumen. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to identify opportunities that are best fit for our client's industry recognized expertise in fluid flow, electromagnetics, and motion control. Working closely with our technical experts, purchasing team, and business analysts, you will introduce world
class, globally competitive highly engineered solutions to the customer and secure your new business award objectives.
This person will need to be extremely dynamic in that the role will require a wide breadth of knowledge, excellent written and oral communication skills and have an extreme sense of urgency. Comfortable working on all commercial matters relating to our client’s relationship with a new or current customer is expected.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience engaging with automotive OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers in technical sales / application of custom, highly engineered product
• Strong self-motivation with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong understanding of the automotive market and industry trends related to technology. Exposure to highly engineered product used on ICE, hybrid, and/or EV powertrain helpful.
• Exceptionally good communication skills for assembling and giving presentations, as well as informal discussions.
• Accurate and detail oriented.
• Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility and departments. They should feel as comfortable at a customer’s test stand as they do in a meeting with their senior management.
The Panaro Group LLC 's Premier Client
Why Work Here?Entrepreneurial company - bring your engine engineering and design experience to build new products!
Jump in and improve engine performance for off-road vehicles!